A spindle motor was damaged (burned out) on a Brother TC32B machine with Brother CNC, two days ago. I have replace the damaged motor by a good one. The motor rotates perfectly at any speed and direction; however when I try to orient it by a M19 code the motor rotates to the proper position but starts to vibrate. Getting deeper in the problem I found that the spindle feel smoother now than the older damaged motor. The good motor used now was workingood in another machine and I returned to the previous machine to verified its performance and works good.
The motor is installed in the machine were the old motor was burned out and the orient problem still. One thing that I have seen using an scope when the orient shift parameter is zero, is that when M19 is commanded the motor goes to the orient position (zero in this case) and the motor vibrates passing over zero a lot of times going forward and reverse trying to find the orient position until the machine send an overload alarm. I am assuming that the motor tries to find the orient position but the speed gain is to high for this motor.
Does anyone knows where to adjust spindle gain for this type of machine? Or does anyone knows something about how to solve this problem?