The new machine is going to be fun! Congrats!

Picking a CAM program isn't going to be fun though. In my experience making an *informed* decision is difficult. I may have had a hard time because I had very little experience when I bought my first CAM program (RhinoCAM). I stopped using that for a variety of reasons, not least of which is that it was very buggy (in my opinion at least). I am now using SolidCAM. It's better than RhinoCAM (again, in my opinion) but it is also much more expensive. Unfortunately, it also has its fair share of bugs. The UI could also use an overhaul - incongruities abound between different types of operations.

There are SO many options in CAM and their prices range from free to extraordinarily expensive. If you are at the same place that I was, coming in without much experience, I would recommend either doing some hardcore research or to just buy something that you consider inexpensive enough to ditch if needed. An option would be to pick up the "basic" edition of a CAM package with the knowledge that you can upgrade later if needed. I believe HSMWorks offers this model, but there must be others out there.

What CAD software are you using?