586,395 active members*
2,920 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

TL-1 Missing Tabs

Anyone else here MISSING the tabs on there quick code screen for SOFT STOPS and the semi-automatic CHAMFER???
    I called our reseller and they said Haas removed them in the newer software updates? WHY? These options were a big selling point for us because the guys here use the TL-1 for alot of post-ops and one-up manual work therefore they wanted these features.
    I feel it was a real D-bag move for them to demo these features to our "old-school" machinists and then take it away when the machine arrived. Now I have to hear my guys complain about it almost daily.
    I was told our machine is too new to backdate plus that could cause other issues?
    Anyway to set a soft stop? Chamfering is a no go?

-E

Chanfering Back

Thats right folks back by popular demand, semi automatic chamfering. It's in the software, I sugest you get an upgrade. Soft stops are not going to be there though. Most people did not know how to use the soft stops, and the would acadently set a stop and not be able to move the machine in one direction.

Thanks!
    Called my dealer and I'm waiting for them to call me back.
    Still don't understand what the deal is with softstops though, my guys won't like to hear that one.