586,721 active members*
3,546 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

TN Chapter: CNC Machine builders

How about it, any of you Tna-C-in's wanna create a CNC Machine Builders chapter???

(and if you are in states close by you are welcome as well. Perhaps we could network, mabey do a few meetings, etc.)

Send me a private message if interested. I will create a "Member list", that would include your name and phone# and what your machine or specialty is. Then other members could be refered to you, and/or I could send out a completed copy of the list to all the members, and if you see a member that has a skill you need, you could contact him yourself.

Perhaps plan a trip to meet as a club, at the next CNC workshop...etc.

Scott

Here is a Forum for East Tennessee Metal hobbies if you want to join up

Here is a forum link, from my new website, if you want to join or ask question, about the East Tennessee Metal Hobbies Club.

a meeting date has not yet been determined, but, please email me, for those that want to be on a "Mailing list", if we can get enough people together at least 8+ then it would be worth setting up a meet.

See forum for details, once you get to the website, then click on the forum link.

Forum - Volunteer Fab-Lab

Scott
    Commercial Mach3: Screens, Wizards, Plugins, Brains,PLCs, Macros, ATC's, machine design/build, retrofit, EMC2, Prototyping. http://sites.google.com/site/volunteerfablab/

I'm in

You can put me down as an interested party.

ProDrawer.com

IQChallenged,

Well this has been out for a while, and I guess there just is not any CNC hobbyist or other metal/wood hobbyist in TN. At least that are interested in having some kind of club/meeting. I have tried several times to get something like this going over the years, and at best we had one meeting a few years back that had 3 people show up......

Perhaps you, or someone else can try and get one going, if you do let me know, but, I guess it is time for me to give up...... since there doesn't appear to be any interest in this.

Scott
    Commercial Mach3: Screens, Wizards, Plugins, Brains,PLCs, Macros, ATC's, machine design/build, retrofit, EMC2, Prototyping. http://sites.google.com/site/volunteerfablab/

Quote Originally Posted by PoppaBear10 View Post
    IQChallenged,

Well this has been out for a while, and I guess there just is not any CNC hobbyist or other metal/wood hobbyist in TN. At least that are interested in having some kind of club/meeting. I have tried several times to get something like this going over the years, and at best we had one meeting a few years back that had 3 people show up......

Perhaps you, or someone else can try and get one going, if you do let me know, but, I guess it is time for me to give up...... since there doesn't appear to be any interest in this.

Scott
    Don't I count?:-)
    I arranged to get off from work to attend the first Mach seminar you put on. I failed to register quick enough and found myself without a ticket. Stayed home hoping to get a call that someone had cancelled so I could have their seat. After that I just hoped for the next one. Never heard about a next one. I can appreciate the difficulty in putting something on. But apparently there was no problem selling it out.

What!! Of course you matter!!!!

I apologize for not getting back to you sooner, (had domestic fires that had to be put out, by "She that must be OBEYED!").

Tell you what, since it appears that your the only one other than me interested in this, contact me via phone at: eight six five 426 nine seven four eight. What I/we can do is meet, and exchange information, I can show you some things, and You can show me some things.........

Meeting place, I would prefer since that there is only two of us, that we pick a equal drive time place between K-town and Chatt-a-hochy.

You would think that there would be all kinds of guys that had some kind of Metal or (even Wood), hobbie's that would be interested... but, I guess that is not true.

Scott