586,112 active members*
3,168 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 3 123
    It was at the expo center for a few years and started before that \\\\\\\\

Usually not much going on on Friday except for setup and Auction..

I figured not much is going on Friday, but it's the only day of the 3 that I can go.

Nate
    Fine Line Automation
    Home - Fine Line Automation
    Fine Line Automation
    www.finelineautomation.com

We will be ready to go over anything you want....we will be ones playing with the mills.

See you there!

Regards,
    Novakon Team

Rigid Tapping Special Event for the Pulsar

Here is an update to the agenda we are putting together for the Cabin Fever EXPO.

A special demonstration of the Pulsar's rigid tapping capabilities will be featured. We have completed, and are now exercising, the post processors using the rigid tapping feature in BobCAD CAM for the Pulsar. We will demonstrate its use from BobCAD CAM to the mill. Make sure to come by and see it in action. I'm sure you will be pleased.

As always, the demo mills are available for sale and may be picked up from the EXPO. Please inquire to [email protected] if you are interested.

Hope to see you there!

Regards,
    Novakon Team

Re: Cabin Fever EXPO

Cabin Fever is only a couple of weeks away, I did not realize how many vendors and tool supply houses will be on hand, I guess I may need to increase the amount of funds I bring.
    One of the things I am looking forward to is being able to at last compare the Novakon and Tormach head to head as Tormach will have an 1100 model on hand and running according to their sales rep.
    Man I cannot wait.
    Ray Mc

Quote Originally Posted by ram48 View Post
    Cabin Fever is only a couple of weeks away, I did not realize how many vendors and tool supply houses will be on hand, I guess I may need to increase the amount of funds I bring.
    One of the things I am looking forward to is being able to at last compare the Novakon and Tormach head to head as Tormach will have an 1100 model on hand and running according to their sales rep.
    Man I cannot wait.
    Ray Mc
    me too, i'll be there.I'll be the one with a ballcap and moustache, can't wait to see people in person.
    walt

You mean like this?
    Lee

no you didn't understand what i wrote again.

If you're attending please post pics from the show for those of us with an interest but can't attend.

Quote Originally Posted by hayes View Post
    If you're attending please post pics from the show for those of us with an interest but can't attend.
    Anything in particular you want pics of?

Nate
    Fine Line Automation
    Fine Line Automation

Of course, the Novakon booth and machines. Tormach as well to round that out. Then any other type machines like lathes or VMC's. Maybe a couple or three short video clips as well.
    Lee

Quote Originally Posted by LeeWay View Post
    Of course, the Novakon booth and machines. Tormach as well to round that out. Then any other type machines like lathes or VMC's. Maybe a couple or three short video clips as well.
    Will do... Wish I could be there longer than just Friday morning.

Nate
    Fine Line Automation
    Fine Line Automation

I will be leaving Thursday morning and arriving late afternoon (8 hr drive from Charlotte NC) and plan on hanging out till Sunday Morning. I will take pics and try video but I have no idea how to get them from my phone to the desktop and forum lol.
    I am looking forward to meeting some members from here, the Novakon crew and a buddy and fellow Novakon owner who is also attending.
    I hope there are a lot of vendors,

Lets get some video and pictures of John and Khai also. It would be great to put a face and voice to these guys. Maybe you can get them to talk about stuff they have in their R&D pipeline.

Also see if you can get the clowns at Newfangled Solutions to commit to a release date for Mach 4.(chair)

Titaniumboy

Quote Originally Posted by Titaniumboy View Post
    Lets get some video and pictures of John and Khai also. It would be great to put a face and voice to these guys. Maybe you can get them to talk about stuff they have in their R&D pipeline.

Also see if you can get the clowns at Newfangled Solutions to commit to a release date for Mach 4.(chair)

Titaniumboy
    Funny you should mention Mach 4. I asked Scott about a week ago and he said the beta should be out in the coming weeks. It will be public but won't have the parallel port driver for it, so you will need a motion control board. He mentioned a few months after the beta has stabilized for the first release version.

Nate
    Fine Line Automation
    Fine Line Automation

I want to see some pictures of this ATC.

-Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Titaniumboy View Post

Titaniumboy

All of that sounds good! Really looking forward to seeing the ATC if Ray has a unit completed, or even just mocked up and mounted.

Cabin Fever EXPO...just more and more

We have arrived and checked out the EXPO today. Most of the bigger exhibits are being assembled and more exhibits are being moved in. Our mill crates were delivered and we are located adjacent to the Artsoft booth. There was not much we could do today, so we headed to the Hotel and we are now waiting for the rest of the crew.

We will have the Pulsar and Torus PRO on display with full coolant systems. Unfortunately we will not have the new PRO Stand in time. The boat moved too slow to get it here in time, sorry. The Torus PRO has the PDB installed and ready to be demonstrated. Ray will also have a working model of the ATC to view as a dynamic model. Featuring in this show we will have the Pulsar mill performing rigid tapping. We will demonstrate using BobCAD CAM V26, then utilizing our newly developed post processors, for generating the G code for the Pulsar to run. There will be many other milling operations to see also between the Torus PRO and Pulsar. This is a must to see.

The weather is very nice here so far, so if you can come by, please do. For others that can not make it here personally, we will be posting pictures and videos through out the show. If you have any questions, let us know and we will try to provide some sort of supporting video or picture as we go.

We hope you enjoy the coming attractions!

Don't forget that we are offering a free PC upgrade with your mill order at the show!

Regards,
    Novakon Team

How is the show so far? We're looking forward to those pictures and video.

Go over and bug the ArtSoft / Newfangled Solutions guys about Mach 4. The Cabin Fever Expo is the most logical place to announce a Mach 4 release.

Titaniumboy

I agree. but not a lot gets done at the show. I happens immediately afterward. However, we are ever ready for details.
    Lee

Page 2 of 3 123