586,403 active members*
2,301 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: LMS: RW-15

Page 3 of 3 123

LMS: RW-15

Hangsterfers is a good coolant that many people are using in my area. I think I was told s502 was good for general machining. I am using far west oils water soluble 2500. I am using it because valley welders or AWG American welding and gas stocks it. Seems to be working for me no rust issues providing I keep the concentration about 10 to 1.

Re: LMS: RW-15

Quote Originally Posted by newman55598 View Post
    Hangsterfers is a good coolant that many people are using in my area. I think I was told s502 was good for general machining. I am using far west oils water soluble 2500. I am using it because valley welders or AWG American welding and gas stocks it. Seems to be working for me no rust issues providing I keep the concentration about 10 to 1.
    Good info. I appreciate it.
    A friend of mine runs UGA's shop and has a couple of cnc's. They're machines are not in constant use and often go un-used for weeks or even months depending on class schedules. They required a non chlorinated coolant that can sit for long periods with no growth. They use a rustlick coolant. He's going to find out which one. Unless it's way out of budget that's what I'm going to try first. I don't want my shop to stink like so many I've been in. I hate the smell of rancid coolant!

Re: LMS: RW-15

Quote Originally Posted by Len Hoffman View Post
    I don't want my shop to stink like so many I've been in. I hate the smell of rancid coolant!
    Ha ha, it's a machine shop. I always thought they were supposed to smell. That way my wife can always tell if I've been to the shop and not out playing around. The smell is something you get used to over time.

Page 3 of 3 123