586,788 active members*
2,776 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Milltronics > Another spindle rpm issue....
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: Another spindle rpm issue....

Hi Brian, I have the Sim card files off 5.169 if you would like to try them. I obtained them off a sim card I purchased of ebay. I installed the card on my partner 1 which had 5.149 on the hard drive and I had no backup, it ran fine after loading my parameter file and modifying the path. Then I copied to my hard drive and removed the sim card I also may have a msdos backup of 5.149 I would have to see if the backup still works on a old 486 I keep around to play with.

Ron

Hi Ron,

Sure, that would be great, never hurts to have a back up copy of another version. You can always send it to my email at blamb11 at cox dot net

I have copies of the two versions I noted, just wondering if the 5.94 is just too advanced for my 'hardware".

Hi Brian, I just upgraded my Cent V -b partner 1E last month from Milltronics and they sent me 5.404 are you sure its 5.94?

Ron

Brian, Sent zipped files to your email

Ron

Got it, thank you!

Hi Brian, I just realized that the revision numbering system of the software goes thru a number of minor updates IE 5.94 then 5.100 then 5.149 and so on 5.404 is the latest for cent 5. You might want to check with Sportybob or ZZZZ about what you can run on your control with a A serial number acroloop cards. My control is -B.

Ron

Hi Ron,

I was kind of hoping per my questions in post #20 that one of those two would let me know what software revision will or will not work with the A revision machine.

Brian,
    Have you made more progress with this?

Well, progress maybe, but not completely fixed. I had my friend come over and we put my original version of the Milltronics software back in, changed out all the chips (on the keyboard card and acroloop cards) I had upgraded back when I upgraded software and while the machine seems better, it's still not correct 100% of the time.

I had a program where the machine steps up and down in rpm with an option stop so I can step it from rpm to rpm and have time to get my tach on the spindle. Previously I could rarely get thru the six or so rpm changes before I had to restart the program without an error. Now, it ran the program maybe 30 times, so maybe 180 speed changes and it was only off twice. I have since only run one program and it was a one tool, one rpm deal, and it ran about 100 pieces and only ran the incorrect speed twice.

So, while it's not gone, it is a lot better. I was in the process of mounting a tachometer kit I got off ebay, display with a proximity sensor and a magnet you attach to the machine. Made all the brackets, wired it all up, to find out Chinese quality control (or lack there of) strikes again.... the tach works to about 950rpm and then goes haywire above that, so not much good for checking the rpm. I stripped it off the machine, and I'll try playing around with it on the drill press or something, where I can test some things easier and see if I can get it to work.

Most of the time running fast isn't a huge issue for me with 99% aluminum parts I make, it's the occasional large drill or when I'm tapping and need a specific rpm that it becomes a problem. If the percentages of wrong rpms stays down like it has since the software change.... and I can get a tach to reliably work, I'll probably just live with it and get on with things. Pretty easy to stop the program and re-input the speed command if I have to to run a specific tool.

How are things progressing with your machine? Hopefully you aren't having speed issues also.....

Slight update, I did mount a tachometer to my machine. Cheap Chinese thing that the sending unit was bad on, purchased a new Cherry brand magnetic sensor from Newark and wired it all up today. A little tough snaking wires thru the innards of the machine, but got it done. Now I have a visual confirmation of the speed commanded, if it's wrong for a tap, I can stop the program before I bust the tap.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0342.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	75.0 KB 
ID:	237430

Page 2 of 2 12