587,003 active members*
2,846 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > MadCAM > Curve milling along curves, simulator?

Curve milling along curves, simulator?

So far all of my MADCAM work has been surface milling. I have a project now that would best be done with curve milling along curves. I believe I have generated good toolpaths for these curves however they do not show up in the simulator. Is there an option I need to select for this or does the simulator simply not support curve milling?

Thanks,
    Jean

Yes, they are visualized in the simulator as any other toolpath, I did a few today.
    Please explain what you are trying to do and how.

Hah. I decided to make a quick sample file so that I could upload it and then it worked me. I went back to the customer file ... and it also worked. Sorry for the trouble, you can close this one!

We have a saying for that, shortened to SBK ("Never mind, it was SBK").
    What it means?
    S**t Behind Keys.

It's also known as the uncontrollable variable that exists between the keyboard and the seat back.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

I've noticed that sometimes when you go into the simulator, it looks like it's ready to go (the stock hasn't been touched) but you still have to hit the stop button in order to reset it and actually make it go. I haven't quite figured out how I get into the mode yet, but there's some funniness there that allows that to happen. No biggie but it did have me scratching my head for 20 or 30 seconds the first time it happened.

And this may be related or not but I thought I'd stick it here. There is a new version which I downloaded and now my cutters are not listed. Where do I go and get the files and do I have to load them into the new version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ken