586,111 active members*
3,413 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > HURCO > Running a hurco kmb1 control on UK 240 volt supply

Running a hurco kmb1 control on UK 240 volt supply

Hey all,hows everyone doing?Wow,it's been a long time not being on here,work,kids,etc.
    Anyways,back in the wokshop at last,and refreshing my memory.I seem to remember someone saying here that I could wire up my Hurco KMB1 control to run on UK 240 volt supply,and having the main motor running on my phase converter.
    Is this at all possible.....(anything is possible)......if so,can someone point me in the right direction as to what to do?
    I'm pretty competent with wiring diagrams and a soldering iron.
    any help will be most appreciated.

thanks in advance,adee.

Find the power supply in the cabinet and on it there will be a silver unit with a model number of 5VR1. This has a line and a load side to it. Remove the red and white wires from the line side and insulate them. Then, if you can get a 240v to 115v transformer (one of those yellow builders transformers would be ok) connect the live and neutral out of the transformer to the tags on the 5VR1 unit. Don't forget to connect the earth to a suitable point in the cabinet.

Ah,excellent,thanks for the info Bloke.I'm assuming that will be located in the power cabinet where the main 3 phase connections are made?
    Will setting the control up to 240v enable it to run all the x,y and z axis servos?,but obviously not the spindle,as that will be the 3 phase side of things.
    thanks again,Adee1066.