586,495 active members*
2,186 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Cam Confusion!

As this is my first post I am really hoping that someone here can point me in the right direction concerning software. My guess is that pretty much everyone here must have come across a similar problem to that I am having at the moment, in choosing software to suite their requirements.

The work I am involved with is designing and making very small parts for N Gauge models, so the software I am looking for will cope with machining fine detail using a small CNC Mill/Router. Software such as the likes of Vectric Aspire/VPro from what I can gather and after viewing their videos is designed mainly it would seem for wood working, where as others just look to be a very complicated package for mechanical engineers.

In short I need a package that is reasonable easy to learn and can cope with machining fine detail, so can anyone please recomend software to fit my needs?

Many Thanks
    Mr Sprue

I have been using CamBam for about 6 months now and I'm happy with it. The price is very reasonable. But everybody has different needs and expectations. CamBam has a free demo period of 40 uses. Give it a try and see if it works for your needs.