586,471 active members*
3,544 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Machine stop / Spindle Stop with a Dwell

Smile Machine stop / Spindle Stop with a Dwell

I have a right angle head which is not supposed to run continuously beyond 45 mins. I have an operation with this head which runs for more than 90 mins. Is there a possibility of giving a stop after 45 mins (which i can control within the program), Stop for 10 mins and then start from the point where the program had stopped ?

I cant use a M00 as there is no time control as such (I assume M00 cant be combined with dwell). I may be able to use M05 and then dwell in the next line and then M3 again and start the program but is there a simple single line approach for this issue ?

Thanks a lot for all the help

Quote Originally Posted by yaji63 View Post
    I have a right angle head which is not supposed to run continuously beyond 45 mins. I have an operation with this head which runs for more than 90 mins. Is there a possibility of giving a stop after 45 mins (which i can control within the program), Stop for 10 mins and then start from the point where the program had stopped ?

I cant use a M00 as there is no time control as such (I assume M00 cant be combined with dwell). I may be able to use M05 and then dwell in the next line and then M3 again and start the program but is there a simple single line approach for this issue ?

Thanks a lot for all the help
    If you know where in the program 45 minutes will expire, you could include code that will retract the tool, stop the spindle and then dwell with G04 X600.00 before restarting the spindle and continuing the program.

Regards,

Bill

Thanks Bill, i was thinking on the same lines but i was also wondering whether there is any other method