586,500 active members*
1,860 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 3 of 3 123

Re: two problems! laser not cutting and is in reverse

Hi Shenhui and fixtureman
    I've received my laser power meter today but it says I need to make the laser shine on it for 29.1 seconds then take a reading 30 seconds later.
    Any ideas how you set the laser to fire for an exact amount of time? I can't see it in the settings or the manual.

Also Fixtureman in another post I think you suggested I try to burn the rubber at the laser head rather than the final cutting head to bypass the mirrors etc.
    When I tried this I got quite a large diameter beam spot from the laser and while it was trying to burn through the rubber it just ended up sort of heating the rubber up and not really cutting through it.
    I left it burning for a few seconds but it didn't get through. Maybe my laser tube is a dud or maybe it isn't concentrated enough at the start before it passes through the mirrors and then hits the lens.

incidentally just by timing the firing using a stopwatch I got approx. 27W at the laser tube and the cutting head with the lens removed. When I put the lens in it reads about 12W but the instructions say to measure the unfocused beam.

Note: The power meter won't adjust back to zero no matter how far I turn the set to zero screw. (can I ever buy anything online that just works out of the box?!) so I had to guestimate the readings a bit. The needle rests at about -15W (ie 15W below 0)

I am new to the laser cut world and I would like to know where I can get a PDF on the power settings for a Chinese 50 watt laser engraver.

Speeds and power for various materials for co2 lasers - specifically Shenhui 50w plus

You are going to find most people think it's best you create your own database.

I've found few and the numbers don't work for me, I think mainly because my tube is a dud!

Hi sorry for going back so far on you thread .. I am having the exact same problem with my laser not firing that you had. The water cooler is working and the tube is good. I've used the machine for a year and a half with no problems at all and then we moved premises and now it is a very unhappy laser. It fires from the test switch on the power supply but not from the control panel. Receives a job and follows the path of the job but does not fire the laser.

Where was the plug that you found that was not connected on your machine? I'm grasping at straws here as I have jobs that I needed to start last week and obviously could not do so .. We even have the laser supply company engineers stumped .. Not good!

Tx any help would be great

PS. I've got a 60w laser and settings for various materials that I could share. I could PDF them and you could send them if you can advise how I do that via this forum (I'm new here). You can then adjust them for your laser.

Attachment 240202

don't know if it will help, if it were me I'd be pulling out and checking every plug and putting back in again.

the pic is of the motherboard control box, can't tell you what the plug (circled in red) is connected to at the other end

Tanks for the pics. We have gone through every wire and plug and even to the expense of replacing the controller unit and still no luck. We have now ordered a new power supply so will see if that solves the problem. Holding thumbs!

Dear SL, i have the same sh350 laser, thnks for your help here. What i need is to reset the machine to it factory settings. It seems i cannot do that because it asks me for a password(not the RD888 - this one works, but for rdcam). Any idea what is the password of the machine?
    Thanks a lot, Gabriel!

quickcut i have the same machine and mine is running fine you have to set the software board the same as the laser board in software go to config then system settings untick the x axis and tick the y axis then go over to the head position and tick top left this will set the board up to read the right way and don't forget to change your page to page settings width 500x300 page height i have been able to cut 4.5mm acrylic at 5mm/s at 20% power and 3mm mdf at the same settings

what ebay seller did you get yours from i got mine through startvipstore

gabriel they probably wont give you the manufacturers param reset password as it might stuff up some of the parameters well thats what they said to me tomorrow i can take some screen shots of my vendoe settings etc etc so you can match them with your settings

Page 3 of 3 123