586,129 active members*
3,070 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Cool Sure Servo to Galil

I have installed many CamSoft/Galil motion systems with excellent results.
    On a new project I am going to use Automation Direct's line of Sure Servo Amps and Motors. Has anybody used these products, and how did they work out?
    ...Thanks for the time

Interested in your results

Have not used this drive motor application but will be watching for your results. We have interfaced Galil, GE, Getty, Allen Bradley and Bridgeport EZ- path drives with great sucess. Please keep us informed of your progress.

Del

I will let you know, turn on should be within three weeks. I did my homework before ordering, they should be a good match. Automation Direct tech support and ordering is excellent. The pre-made cables to the motor and encoders are also a big plus.
    M

we JUST finished installing a set of the automation direct sureservo systems, using 1kw med inertia motors/drives. granted, we were driving them using mach3, not camsoft.. however.. my experiences with the drive/motor package is that they are AMAZING.

there is a very capable auto-tune built right into the drives, i think it took me a total of like... 20 min/drive to get it up & running correctly.. and that was with the time spent setting the drive parameters for communication & such.

I think that you will be VERY impressed with them when you're done.

our retro was done on an eaglecnc knee mill, about the size of a BP series II, with very good condition ways/ballscrews... just for reference.

keep us updated!

-nate

I could have sworn that I posted in a link to the machine in question running with the AD motors/drives...but it doesn't seem to exist anymore... but, since i've made this thread in the meantime in the servo sub-forum here on cnczone, i highly suggest that you check it out! http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showth...437#post168437

-nate

The Auto-Direct servo drives and motors are up and running. From start to finish they are the best units I have used! Download the manuals onto the computer, wire as shown, and ask tech help for any questions. CamSoft, Galil, and Auto-Direct is a excellent combination.

I have a CAD drawing showing interconnect between the 2900 ICM / OPTO 16 point I/O board / and A-D breakout card if anybody would like it.

Did you use a drive similar to this?
    http://web4.automationdirect.com/adc/Shopping/Catalog/Motion_Control/Servo_Systems/Medium_Inertia_(1KW_-_3KW)_Servo_Systems/3KW_Servo_System_(Med_Inertia)/SVA-2300

I have a huge bedmill with a Fanuc 6M control that should get Camsoft someday. It has large AC servos that <I think> would use the above servo amp.

If your application is similar to this, I'd be most interested in any drawings you have.

Karl

Pleased to hear of your sucessfull integration of the drives. Would be interested in your interface information

Del