586,834 active members*
3,125 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAD Software > Rhino 3D > Bought a PCNC 770; trying out RhinoCAM ....

Bought a PCNC 770; trying out RhinoCAM ....

I waited 2 days for the Mecsoft site to come back up; while I was waiting I worked through 12 SprutCAM tutorials with no crashes. I can even save my work and the tool library.

Every time I try to do anything with RhinoCAM DEMO, it tells me it cannot save. It will not save anything in the tool library; everytime I open Rhino I have to re-add the tools. And it keeps crashing.

'Display driver has crashed but has recovered.'
    RhinoCAM has crashed 4 times in the past hour. Every time I open Rhino I have to restart.

How can I even try this program if I can't save anything? A crippled demo is useless!

And I keep getting 'Some existing CAM data objects are not licensed to be saved. Exiting without saving!'

And when I went to mecsoft.com to send support a message, I get a 404 error. I understand it's only a demo, but nothing about it seems worthwhile. It was between SprutCAM and RhinoCAM for the new machine; it seems that decision has been made for me.

how nice is your computer, have you checked the specs needed, i can see rhino giving a lesser computer a hard time, id does on my laptop, hense the new buy
    i never used sprutcam, from the looks i wouldnt have thought it was a lower end package
    CHOCLATE? THIS IS DOODOO BABY!

The computer is only a year old; Sprut, MasterCAM and Rhino all run just fine. It is only after installing RhinoCAM that I started having problems.

I even ran SprutCAM on an old 2.4; it ran real slow but worked fine. Possibly it is just some display driver incompatibility; but if I can't run it on my newest laptop it's not much good to me.

I using rhinocam for last 5 yeras and meet no problem you mention about.
    Try to:
    1. Upgrade your RAM at least to 2Gb, 4 Gb is better - RC like to eat memory.
    2. Check write rights to directory you saving.

It may depends of videocard. I used it at AMD Radeon, Nvidia and integrated Intel video. May be your PC have something exotic... or it's time to updae drivers and DirectX? Crashed and recovered driver seems to be Nvidia. Use another manufacturer like Radeon card.
    All tools keep in .csv file in rhinocam directory (ARAIR defaultmetrictool.csv or defaultimperialtools.csv). You can save it by save DB command from RC interface, overwriting existing file, or edit it in Excel like spreadsheet table.