586,131 active members*
2,936 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: HELP! BMC20

HELP! BMC20

My bmc 20 has not been powered up for almost a month now. I tried to start the machine up and I get an error on the monitor.Attachment 221574. It appears to me that the bios has lost its memory, maybe the battery has died (if it has one)
    Is there anything that I can do? I don't have any setup disks. How can I fix this? Is there any way to attach a keyboard and access the bios. Please help. Thanks

.........Ricochet

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I found this old thread. C:\ prompt on Hurco Ultimax III

Let us know if it works. I'm curious.

Ok, it seems that the computer does not use a normal bios or CMOS configuration. Early Hurcos have proprietary Bios Chips. (There isn't even a backup battery) When the system boots up it looks for the security key (dongle) that is attached to the serial port, this is where my problem was. The security key went bad. If I had known what version of soft was it had this would have been a lot easier to fix. All that would have be done was to call Hurco, give them the software version and buy a new key. If the version is not known then I would have to buy new (replacement) Bios chips and Security key. About $500. US. I got lucky and had a Machine service tech. Come out and he had a box full of assorted old security keys. After trying about 8 or 10 different keys he found the right one and the system boot up now, talk about winning the lottery? Ha! I hope this helps someone in the future, I couldn't find any help for this problem.

.........Ricochet

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sounds like I should start playing the same lotto numbers as you. Or at the very least, get the name and number for your service tech.