587,023 active members*
4,239 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Haas VF3 Y cable fault error - advice?

Haas VF3 Y cable fault error - advice?

Getting repeated Y cable fault errors. Was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this for me. Would like to try and solve / fix the issue myself in house if possible rather than calling the repair guy........

060527-1408 EST USA

JHR1:

The Y cable does not flex nearly as much as the X cable, and it is not subject to the coolant that the X cable is. Also the Y cable is easier to replace than the X. Has the X cable ever been replaced?

Does this error message really mean it is a cable or could it be one of: the limit switch, or the motor, or controller? Is your servo motor a brush type or brushless? Brush type have have a shunt to ground problem from carbon dust build-up in the motor.

I am not currently where I can look at a machine or manual.

Because of a limit switch problem on our 1993 VF2 X axis we had to replace the limit switch and its cable. Also replaced the X axis motor cable because the PVC flex had broken in several places.

I had with a rotary hrt 210 and turn out that the encoder wire had cracked on the round board and came loose . The reason i found this is because the cable was new
    and was in a production run and was behind so had to dig for the problem.

Art