586,362 active members*
3,188 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Bridgeport Series 1 CNC ID

Hi all,
    I have been reading the ZONE for a few weeks now. Thanks for all your input!
    I just purchased a Bridgeport Series 1- s/n CNC 1209. I would like to determine it's year and any other information specific to my machine- like how do I tell which control I have? Which collet is this? I plan to buy the manuals from machinemanuals.net, but I would like to know a little more first. I am a complete newbie.
    In the near future I would like to convert it using a PC control and Mach 3, but I'd like to start out by figuring out exactly what I have. It also needs a good cleaning and a complete check-up.
    I have an engineering/product development consulting firm and I plan to use this for prototyping. I use Pro/E, but I don't have Pro/CAM

I'd appreciate any advice, and I will keep reading.

Thanks!

Mark
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails collet.JPG   control.JPG   back_cab3.JPG   head3.JPG  

side_cab3.JPG  

NOT a BOSS 3.
    IF LSI has 4 main ICs and it has ERS, XDI, RCK it is a BOSS 4.
    If LSI has 5 main ICs and it has a ERS< XDI, and RCK it is a BOSS 5.
    IF LSI has 5 main ICs and it has NTP, ZDI, ZCK, and ERS, it is a BOSS 6.

Note that the BOSS level is determined by software burned onto the ERS but it typically has supporting board structure.

The above is for the US side of the pond.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Talking Thanks George!

It's a Boss 4! Now that I know that I can get going on the rest of the stuff. I really appreciate your help.

Mark