586,590 active members*
2,792 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Viper Plasma?

Hello All,

First thank you for anybody that can give me any help!

I just bought a plasma table from a friend of mine that ordered it a few years ago and never put it together. Now, I am trying to get it up and running, but it turns out that Viper plasma went out of buisness. There was no documentation with the table and I am at a loss. The table is for a half sheet, and I have the Proma THC, and a Hypertherm 105 power supply. Problem is I just dont know how to hook any of it up! I did get the mach 3 software licensed and have been able to move the x and y axis jogging around. But I think I hooked the proma up incorrectly and may have burned out the z axis stepper motor as the first time I put the proma in "test mode" and it tried to move the Z it alarmed the Geckodrive G540 out, and now if the z motor is plugged in, the G540 will not come out of fault. I ordered a new stepper motor today. Also it will go into fault if I [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]jog[/COLOR][/COLOR] it around, and then press go to 0 and it tries to move very quickly.... Does anybody else have one of these systems from Viper or even not from Viper that could help me get this hooked up correctly?

Please Help Me

I attached some pictures also

Re: Viper Plasma?

It is virtually impossible to burn out a stepper motor. All it is are two coils of wire and a magnet. If it did not get REAL hot and smoke you did not burn it out. Since all the PROMO is doing is basically jogging the Z axis it would have to have burned out the G540 and that would have to have been though the parallel port (again pretty impossible)

The good news is Viper used the G540. You can get manuals and specs on it and how to use it . The PROMO uses relays (yes, relays) for the UP down signals back to the BoB (In the G540). so if wired correctly no voltage is on those pins

Hello

We provide the best lasers routes and plasma CNC machine. Need information. Please contact us

Regards
    Casper
    Www.cncmetalcut.com
    Www.laser-solution.com