This is a cincinnati arrow 1250 with 4th axis 2100 control vickers drives.

Machine has been running ok until recently when trying to align axis y went opposite way than normal. I found my y tpa switch was what i thought was stuck. After removing covers to get to the wiring found the splice the tpa switched was replaced before was shorted and not the switch. I fixed wires on the tpa switch but as I was putting wires back into track machine alarmed out on the x axis drive as the little r on the led display. My limited info I have on this machine said bad resolver. As machine sits now most of the time when powering up drives it shuts down with the drive error however if I rotate the x axis ballscrew a few degrees it will power up and ask for aligning but as soon as you move x axis it will alarm again. My emediate thoughts was a bad cable as I was messing with cables in the track when it first alarmed. I dont have any wiring info on this machine so I called a local service tech. His thoughts were to remove the scale feedback and just to use encoder on motor but we were unable to find a loopback plug hanging on the dv5 board or cables as expected.

Here are my thoughts

How hard is it to track wires to check for broken wires in the glass scale and the resolver?
How hard is it to get replacement cables if they are broken?
If I do need a loopback plug as tech claims can the not be made from a db15 connector and some jumpers?

If anyone has any suggestions or wiring manuals I certainly could use some