586,076 active members*
3,768 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > HURCO > BMC 20, Ultimax Vertical Machining center

BMC 20, Ultimax Vertical Machining center

Hiiii every one,

I'm new in this fourm, and I wish to find help here, I bought a vertical mill machine "Hurco, BMC 20, Ultimax", and I need to connect it via PC to download programs to the machine, actualy I have a little bit experinece in this (chair), so I need guidenes in that.(wedge)

Thank you

This following step-by-step was what finally explained the process best for me. You have to pay attention to the status on the Hurco screen. It will change back from "BUSY LOADING" to "NOT BUSY" when the download is complete. This small detail was what was thowing me off. If you don't have the pinouts for a cable, Bloke should be along shortly to get you the information you need to wire one. He will need to know what type of physical serial connector your mill has, round, 9-D, 25-D. I use TeraTerm from a Windows 7 PC, but Hyperterm on WinXP will also work as well as most terminal programs.

Send an NC file to your HURCO mill

--
    Good luck,
    Gary

Thank you Gary for replying, I will go with this steps accuratly but I have two questions to start.

1- For the pinouts. I have 9-D connector, but I need the configrations of the wire to make it ?
    2- I downloaded teraterm and if you have a steps to use it, it will be great ?

after this two points I will start the 6 steps, which you sent it to me

I seem to be having luck with non-matched serial port settings. At the mill, I use 9600,N,8,1,Xon/Xoff ... at my PC I use 9600,E,7,1,Xon/Xoff. Works for the small g-code files I have sent so far. For the wire pin-outs, you should just need a null-modem cable. The following link has a nice table showing the pin-outs:

Null modem - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

--

Thanks again Gary, I downloaded the table and I will make the serial cable and try to follow the steps, tomorrow I will give you feed back about what happened with me.
    thank you again you really helpped name.

Welcome Gary, I did follow the steps. beginning with perparing the RS cable according to the wiki table, then using teraterm program, and after that I followed the 6 steps. and it works good, But I have some problems in downloading programs on machine, which appears to be downloaded but then I couldn't find it.
    I already had downloaded a program from the machine to the pc but I didn't know the program name and, I couldn't select it, I only give the machine order to copy but I didn't know what is it?:bs: (wedge)

waiting your response. thank you

I have only uploaded to my mill, haven't tried downloading a program from the mill to my PC. I am using HSMXpress for CAM to generate g-code to upload, so I don't have a need for download from the mill. Based on descriptions of how to save and restore your tool information, I have tried saving my tools from the conversational side and restoring them to the NC editor side, but I have no restore option (at least that I can find) on my Ultimax II BMC20. The save was to the floppy drive on the mill. You may have already found that tool info goes away for the NC editor when you power down the mill.

it seems to be I did something wrong, look I will try again and tell you about the feed back.
    Is that HSMXpress the cam program for solidworks? and when I use it did I have to select Hurco BMC 20, Ultimax? excuse me I have no much info about this :cheers:

HSMXpress is the free version of HSMWorks. It works with both Solidworks and Inventor. There are a couple post processors for Hurco that come with the HSMXpress download and then you can read/search through their support forum for some modified versions of the post processors for Hurco. Note, you may want or need to modify the post processor code to your liking. You will get errors posting from the generic Hurco code that is produced straight away from the included post processors. Just read through the support forum and you will see others with older Hurco mills and what gcode is produced by the included PPs and what needs to be produced to make your mill happy. The post processor is written in javascript, so not too bad to modify yourself or have someone knowledgeable in javascript or post processors make changes for you.

could you tell me how to use teraterm after preparing the NC program ?

In Teraterm, select "Setup", "Serial port...". After entering your port settings, select "File", "Send file..." and browse to your file and select it. This is to upload gcode to the mill.

As I previously noted. My mill has the serial port set to 9600, n, 8 , 1, xon/xoff, but my computer has serial set to 9600, e, 7, 1, xon/xoff. You may need to either match the port settings between your mill and PC exactly or you might try the settings that work for me.

Re: BMC 20, Ultimax Vertical Machining center

I'm just arriving to this forum as a cnc newbie. While uploading gcode from the PC (rs232) my Hurco (BMC30) notices that the file has started ,"Busy Loading", but once the PC is done sending and closes the port, the Hurco continues forever to say "Busy Loading". The gcode file began and ended with %, but I tried changing the final % to an E (as suggested elsewhere), wit no effect. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by gcude View Post
    This following step-by-step was what finally explained the process best for me. You have to pay attention to the status on the Hurco screen. It will change back from "BUSY LOADING" to "NOT BUSY" when the download is complete. This small detail was what was thowing me off. If you don't have the pinouts for a cable, Bloke should be along shortly to get you the information you need to wire one. He will need to know what type of physical serial connector your mill has, round, 9-D, 25-D. I use TeraTerm from a Windows 7 PC, but Hyperterm on WinXP will also work as well as most terminal programs.

Send an NC file to your HURCO mill

--
    Good luck,
    Gary