586,546 active members*
3,387 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > HURCO > Need 1/2 inch more on the Y axis of a VM2 Hurco

Thumbs up Need 1/2 inch more on the Y axis of a VM2 Hurco

Hello,

I need 1/2 more inch on the Y axis to make a job. I have no other way to make the job.
    For what I saw, after removed the Y covers the machine still can move the amount that I need, both ball screw and linear rails can handle the needed travel. What prevents the machine from moving is the "soft limits" placed on the software, currently set for 18".

There is any one that knows how to edit those soft limits? I would be thankful. Please do not tell me that I should add buy a larger machine ...:devious:

Re: Need 1/2 inch more on the Y axis of a VM2 Hurco

I was able to add the extra travel that I needed.
    For the record I was able to change the file SYSFIX.SYS under CONFIG directory. The limits were there and I changed the Y+ limit. This was done not on the machine but with the HDD connected to a PC.

Another issue:
    I would also like to make a backup of the disk (I did) but the backup does not start. I just want to keep secure if the current HDD fails for some reason, and if I can add a SSD the boot loading would be faster. I will open a thread about this.

Re: Need 1/2 inch more on the Y axis of a VM2 Hurco

Here is the machine working now:

Y travel is now 511mm = 20.11" (was before 457.2mm = 18")

Strangely enough now, I am unable to jog the machine using the + and - buttons and to park the machine.
    Jogging using the MPG works perfectly and all the other functions of the machine also work. Any idea about what can be wrong? Or what does the rest of the control uses the Y travel value that could prevent the normal function of the machine?

I can revert back, and place the travel again as it was before and everything works again, but having the machine making more 10% of the Y travel is very nice, so I am not sure if I ever will go back to the original values even without the jog and machine park.

Thank you