586,133 active members*
3,977 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > ArtCam Pro > anyone can machine this model?

anyone can machine this model?

Hi all,
    i have few model aircraft need to machine.but i only have 3D cnc machine.anyone can machine this model? if not i need machine pieces by pieces then join it up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails body_0_0.jpg   body_0_2.jpg   body_0_6.jpg   body_2_0.jpg  

I dunno, can you at least glue the props on it?
    First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

cannt glue. need to make mould n casting

design-hawk...

you really will not be able top get this machines in '1 -piece'... not reasonably... you need to supply alot of information for a quote.

1. Dimensions(!!)
    2. Material
    3. Accuracy requirements
    4. Date required by

You say this will be a pattern to make a mold off of? In that case, i would recomend you let the machinist decide how to create the part.

I would probably machine the model from RENboard(high-density machinist 'foam'). I would likely break the design down into multiple parts and glue it all together with some ren-bond or epoxy. Then I would fill any gaps with bondo and sand it a whole lot..

depending on the scale, matierial, and time constraints, this could be quite an expensive part to get made. Depending on the scale, I wouldnt quote less than $300 or $400, considering the time I would put in to make it usefull as a pattern..

What sort of mold will you make? silicone mold? urethane? plaster? what material will you be casting? The more information you provide, the more accurate a quote you get.

vacpress,
    thanks to u give me much info.

i use silicone mould to casting pewter for this model. i just thought if can done in 1 piece will get more nice work. If this model is 60mmx60mm,with most cheap material which can affort with 200C heat. how much u will charge.?

anyway,i decide machine piece by piece already .

thanks so much!

It is very interesting to cut multiple pieces at one go, especially when we want to create a CNC
    which capable of multi tasking instead of one at a time.
    Actually, I am think of creating a automated CNC router to cut multiple
    different size of wood from a standard larger piece of plywood or MDF board (6' X 8' or 4'X8').

I believe it can be done on the cutting side using rotozip or spiral saw but my concern is automated clamping (assuming we are using V-Clamp).

Could anyone share some light regarding automated clamping (self adjusting) while the cnc is still performing multiple cutting. Perhaps, I need 6-axis cnc, 3 axis (X1,Y1,Z1) for cutting from above and 3 axis (X2,Y2,Z2) for clamping from the underneath.

Your view and suggestion will be most appreciated

jkhlaw -

start a new thread.... also, it is unclear exactly what you mean... are you looking for a 3-axis mill with a 3-axis adjustable clamping fixture? this is what i am gathering... also, machining parts in more than 1 go is entirely routine in CNC. It is possibly more common to machine parts on 2 sides than 1. The way it is usually lined up is by using the machine's accuracy and some registration marks of some sort..

So, after you locate your piece with an edge finder, clamp it, and run one side, your machine moves the clamp back to where it started, and flip the part over.. if you have planned well, usually you can simply take the piece out of the clamp, push it against your registration fixture, reclamp, run second side.

it takes experience, but after a dozen 'jobs', it will become second nature...

Vacpress,
    Thank You for you reply.

New in town, after a few search still do not know where is the link to new thread.

Actually what I want to achieve is sound simple. An automated wood cutting using a standard size plywood into various sizes and quantity without any human intervention.
    In order word, fully automated plywood cutting cnc machine. All cut wood size is rectangle.

The user only feeding the wood into the cnc. The program/g-code and cnc machine and spiral saw do the rest. This is my first ambitious. My second ambitious is to stack all plywood just like paper tray in the printer. The cnc automatically feeding itself with the plywood and cutting the plywood into the correct size and quantity. Just like a print job that we send to a printer.

Hope, anyone share some light here.