586,121 active members*
3,156 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Need help urgently

I have a jq 1290 laser cutter and having problems cutting the problem is when you cut on the far right side of machine it doesn't cut right through the plywood 3mm thickness but when you you cut on left side of the machine it flys through the plywood have even slowed speed down and power is up to 95% of 100watt tube any idea would be great thanks

Have you checked the alignment of the mirrors. THe laser should hit the center of all the mirrors at any point on the machine.

May I add, there are some great videos on YouTube about aligning laser mirrors.

Quote Originally Posted by fixtureman1 View Post
    Have you checked the alignment of the mirrors. THe laser should hit the center of all the mirrors at any point on the machine.

Keith, As said by the others, check your mirror alignment. Also check that your laser bed is level at all points, you might find that your bed dips down or is higher in several places which will take it out of focus. I have had to made a "sub-bed" to go under the honeycomb bed to correct the level on mine and it still isn't perfect but it works better.

Yes alignment of mirrors is perfect whatI did find was as laser head is on far right the beam is not really a dot on the paper you do when setting mirrors up but is when its on left side of machine its as thou the beam gets weaker the further it gets from the second mirror

Are your mirrors clean or scratched.

There clean but when you cut on left hand side they fog up after an hours use so need cleaning all the time I have another laser made by piranha and that just keeps going fine for over a week before it needs its optics cleaning

Is this occurring on the same y-axis position? Otherwise, the front left power and the back left power are the same?