586,471 active members*
4,420 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > EMCO CNC Machines > EMCO Lathe > Emcoturn 340 - Siemens 810T controller.

Emcoturn 340 - Siemens 810T controller.

Hi... The company I work for just picked up a 1988 vintage emcoturn 340 with a Siemens controller. I'm now trying to nurse the machine back to working order.

The coolant pump is missing and the controller is dead. I believe the power supply is at fault. I have the EMCO electrical manuals and have downloaded the controller manuals I could find on the Siemens site.

I was wondering if anyone here is still using one of these here in Canada (Toronto area).

I have read over the 810 controller manuals and find it interesting how close but very different to Fanuc Programming.

I could not find a G code for homing the turret (Fanuc G28). Is there such a thing for the the 810T control?

Is anyone using Mastercam with and Siemens 810T control.

I believe this machine has Basic version 1 firmware but not sure until I power the unit up.

Thanks for any help.

Saul

The Siemems 810t controller was a nice controller and had a large capibility for its time. You will find that it's capibility was actually limited by the machine builder. As with different name brand controllers, the machine builder had many options on setting up the controller. The Emcoturn 340 was one of them.

Fanuc is real close. You will probably find Hitachi Seki with a Siemens control is real close. They had about the same machine and used about the same programming.

Well the controller power supply was sent out to be repaired and it has returned.

The controller now powers up and gives me an error 12. PP memory not formatted properly.

Looking up the error I came across a post here in this forum on how to fix it but the parameter list needs to be updated from another machine or file.

I do not have another machine or a copy on file

I was wondering If someone could send me a copy from their machine.

Emco 340 Siemens 810T controller.

Thanks for any help again.

Saul A. Juliao

[email protected]

I have checked the setting on the machine and the PLC settings seem to match a copy that I have on paper.

The work area battery had been removed not the computer board memory battery.

Still no success at resetting memory. Manual mentions a soft key "Clear Part Memory" to resolve issue. Could not find it.

Any ideas?

Saul

[email protected]

I have now done a memory clean and re-entered the data from paper.

The error 12 is now gone.

One thing that was coming up and still has not gone away is that it complains about a "Key Switch ON!" but there are no physical key switches on the controller..

Any Ideas?

SAul

From the information I have collected it seems that I do need to replace the PLC program in my machine.

Does anyone have a copy they can send me?

Have left message with EMCO but no returns yet.

Thanks,

SAul A. Juliao

[email protected]