586,823 active members*
3,264 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mitsubishi Meldas 520, Adding a 4th axis?

G'day All
    I'm currently looking at buying a cnc Machining center and have found a good little Dyna Myte m2013 with a Mitsubishi meldas 520 control.
    As far as i know Dyna have never optioned this machine with a 4th axis and i was trying to find out what is involved it adding it. Obviously i would need the rotary table + servo motor and a compatible Mitsubishi servo drive, but what about the parameters in the control? I've spoken to one of the head tech's at Mitsubishi Australia and he was very reluctant to say weather or not it could be done. Basically he said it was too difficult without the proper settings and PLC program, and said that i should ask the machine tool builder if they have the setting etc..
    Dyna of course have said that Mitsubishi should know how to fit and program the 4ths axis electronics..

It sounds to me like it can be done but i think finding someone who knows how to do it here in Australia will be very difficult.

So can anyone here help at all? Perhaps put me in touch with the right person that can explain how it's done, or even better anyone out there already done it?

Cheers
    Leeroy

Add the servo drive, calculate if the current power supply is enough, else add a power supply, butterfly connect it with the other servo drives, set the rotary switch axis number (make sure spindle axis number is higher). Then adjust parameters.
    Or you could replace a single-axis servo drive for a dual axis servo drive, which would be equivalent, and you could also simply replace your power supply for a more powerful one if you are tight in space. Then adjust your axis numbers from the rotary switches and parameters.
    Cheers.

Hei Friend,

First you ensure that the ATC is working properly as it is being controlled by a dedicated board developed by DYNA.

We have a DYNA 4400M with same controller but not with 4th axis but you before going for a investment ensure that the machine is working in all respects.

My mail id is [email protected]

I will try to help you once if you confirm that your machine is Ok.

Infact we had the idea of installing the 4th axis but since we had a lot of problems with the ATC we have dropped the issue.

SHEKAR

Re: Mitsubishi Meldas 520, Adding a 4th axis?

hi there, what's going on about the add 4th axis? any progress?