586,850 active members*
2,177 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Servo Motors / Drives > Strange servo problem with no error thrown

Strange servo problem with no error thrown

I've been rehabing an old Weidemann turret punch for the past month and finally have everything working with the exception of the T axis servo (the one that spins the turret). Whenever I go to zero out the machine all of the other servos behave as they should but T does nothing. If I take the servo out and put it on a different axis it works fine and I've also swapped cables. Oddly the servo amp board has no error lights on and the fanuc controller shows no problem with it in the diagnostics screen. Has anyone ever seen an issue like this? Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Sounds like a limit or? condition not met to enable it to turn.
    Do you have the ladder?
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Unfortunatley the only coppy of the ladder I have is on the eproms. Murrata, who now owns the copyright, will only load it onto pmc boards but won't let anyone look at it. The ladder I have though did come from a different machine of the same make and model. I'm also wondering if this could be related to parameters. I'm loading them from what was initially shipped with the machine but I know some of them are set by the servo's rom.

few things i have in my mind as possible. do you have I/T coupling alarm?

first , Very rare owners of C200 had a problem with broken pins
    Second, you should make sure that your index station, both for punch and and die are alight right, "they have some small arrows showing the right position"
    third if you are not having I/T coupling alarm and your machine is not even trying to zero set your index stations you have tension in the chains, and only if the chains tension is fixed zero set will happened
    Last but very possible "as i had experienced it " under the part chute and near to the tower, there is a sensor that confirms that lower pin is inserted, there is a small metallic plate that is placed with a hexagon screw to give the signal to the sensor when they touched, if this plate will lost tighten they will be no signal to the sensor, and so no zero set to index station