586,945 active members*
2,142 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Bridgeport Machines > Bridgeport / Hardinge Mills > Functional A-Axis for Bridgeport Interact - It works!

Hybrid View

John,

Thanks for that. I do have a copy of that exact manual even down to the same persons handwriting on the front cover

It's been suggested that maybe my problem is due to the phasing of L1, L2 and U & V - the manual (page 12) calls for L1 & U to be in phase, which they are on my machine, and also for L2 & V to be in phase. now L2 is grounded so how the heck do you check its phase, however U&V are definitely anti phase.

I assume that you have just added your 4th servo board to the same transformer set up originally driving the existing three axis? In which case yours must be correct, however as mines not on an Interact, I've had a transformer wound whose secondary replicates the 180-0-180-380 of the Interact one and I'm pretty certain it's right, but it's one variable I can't be certain of.

Do you have a 'scope so we could compare results?

I put the big lump of a chuck on to see if it affected the acceleration negatively - no change perceptable

Andrew
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chuck-Mounted.jpg  
    Andrew Mawson
    East Sussex, UK

Re: Functional A-Axis for Bridgeport Interact - It works!

Well I'm delighted to say this is all now fixed and wrapped up. Turned out to be a tuning issue on the Bosch servo drive card. I'm now getting 2500 motor rpm corresponding to 2500 degrees per minute on the rotary axis. I had the good fortune to meet a fellow who used to install these drives, and after four hours of head scratching and tweaking we got the good result.

Not had the opportunity to use it much as we've now started lambing, but it works. Did one little test piece - mounted a 1" mild steel bar and did a square and a triangle, so not very demanding but it came out well.
    Andrew Mawson
    East Sussex, UK