586,690 active members*
2,948 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Just received a 50w laser engraver for Christmas......

Hi folks, I'm really in need of some assistance and i know this is the most likely place for me to get it.

I received a Chinese 50W laser engraving machine for Christmas from a member of my family. When i opened the crate and unpacked it, everything looked good except there was no manual. No problem, i thought, it'll be on the disc which came with the machine. Wrong!
    I now have a machine complete with Corel Laser and CorelDraw X4 software but no further information other than some clipart files. I don't even know what focal length the lens is! I'm really hoping that someone recognises the maker from my picture so i can try and contact them regarding machine specification and spare parts availability. I don't even know what focal length the lens is!
    I've done a lot of internet searching and i'm pretty sure it's a Liaocheng Longtai LT-460. I've not been able to upload a picture as all of the ones i've found are watermarked and my wife is off out with our camera so i can't take a picture!

Please help me!

Best Regards,

David

Hiya Dave,

drop by OPLaser support forum ? Index page

Don't panic I'm sure it can be sorted for you and one of the guys is likely close by as your in the UK

cheers

Dave

Hi Dave,

Many thanks for the fast response and the link. I knew this was the best place to look for help!

Best Regards,

David

No worries, one of us will be able to help you over there what part of the Uk are you in?

cheers

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Exsecratio View Post
    No worries, one of us will be able to help you over there what part of the Uk are you in?

cheers

Dave
    I'm in East Lothian Dave.

I've joined the forum you sent the link to Dave. Just awaiting approval from the Admin for my account.

Please update your post, were you ever able to get your machine working? The manual on my machine was hidden in some folder on the CD, even after I found that I was not able to get the machine working :-(

Quote Originally Posted by pistolknight View Post
    Hi folks, I'm really in need of some assistance and i know this is the most likely place for me to get it.

I received a Chinese 50W laser engraving machine for Christmas from a member of my family. When i opened the crate and unpacked it, everything looked good except there was no manual. No problem, i thought, it'll be on the disc which came with the machine. Wrong!
    I now have a machine complete with Corel Laser and CorelDraw X4 software but no further information other than some clipart files. I don't even know what focal length the lens is! I'm really hoping that someone recognises the maker from my picture so i can try and contact them regarding machine specification and spare parts availability. I don't even know what focal length the lens is!
    I've done a lot of internet searching and i'm pretty sure it's a Liaocheng Longtai LT-460. I've not been able to upload a picture as all of the ones i've found are watermarked and my wife is off out with our camera so i can't take a picture!

Please help me!

Best Regards,

David

Quote Originally Posted by Rolf_K View Post
    Please update your post, were you ever able to get your machine working? The manual on my machine was hidden in some folder on the CD, even after I found that I was not able to get the machine working :-(
    What machine do you have and where are you located.

Quote Originally Posted by fixtureman1 View Post
    What machine do you have and where are you located.
    an update: the supplier in the UK has been really good - so far. Lena has been able to give me a copy of the (completely useless) manual and has also found out that my machine was supplied with the 2" focal length lens. However, I still have no idea who the manufacturer is, nor the model number! I really need to get sorted out with a picture so hopefully you guys are able to help me identify the maker.

You are lucky to get some support. For some reason or another Chinese manufacturers don't put identification plates on their machines, and even the instruction manuals if you ever find such a thing, has no reference to a particular model number :-(
    After talking to major manufacturers representative in China, I found out they have Chinese ripoffs there as well. I know this is true because I bought one.
    If you look at the machines for sale on eBay you will see that none (that I have seen) have any model number reference :-(

Quote Originally Posted by pistolknight View Post
    an update: the supplier in the UK has been really good - so far. Lena has been able to give me a copy of the (completely useless) manual and has also found out that my machine was supplied with the 2" focal length lens. However, I still have no idea who the manufacturer is, nor the model number! I really need to get sorted out with a picture so hopefully you guys are able to help me identify the maker.