586,798 active members*
3,223 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > SheetCam > SheetCam or MTC pronest 1999?

SheetCam or MTC pronest 1999?

Hello all,

I currently have have a Burny 3 and 5 and have pronest 1999 I was wondering if you would recommend SheetCam over Pronest or what are some features that pronest can do that sheet cam can not? Whats your thoughts on it?

SheetCAM is a true CAM program that lets you control eveyr aspect of your cut job. It spits out G-Code using a POST that matches the "dialect" of g-code to your controller. If your Burny's will take g-code and run it will work and give you infinitely greater control of HOW you cut. Now lets talk nesting. You first need to decide if auto nesting is really what you need or just what you THINK you need. You can nest in SheetCAM manually, meaning the CAM person can import as many different parts as they want onto a sheet and move/rotate those parts to nest them and then select one or groups of part and step and repeat on the sheet. You have control over things like lead-in types and size and the order and type of offsets. There are advanced features you may or may not be able to use with the Burny or your THC that refine the cut process and let you do things like auto corner slowdown, THC off and on at defined points and other rules. It is one of the best deals for CAM out there.

I would check and see if there is a SheetCAm TNG post for the Burndy 3 and 5 in it's well over 100 POST selections

It is not easy to translate 1990's technology to 2014. The rate of change in technology is changing so things are evolving much faster than they did 10 years ago and even faster than just 5 years ago.

Right now I installed the trial of SheetCam TNG and there is a post process that is for burny 2.5 same one that is used for 2.5, 3, and 5 I think they are all very similar as far as the code. Seams to be easier to work with then the MTC. We have Inner logic RSVP 101 that lock the THC in corners and we set voltage feed back for the plate thickness. The burny 3 dose have corner slow down but you have to go into the service mode in order to change in.

Right now the problem we are having with SheetCam on the export side is that it will run the shape then turn the plasma on in between cut even when the rapid travel is showing a blue line between the two dont know if you guys have any thoughts on that?