586,734 active members*
2,474 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

URGENT Big Time Need Help again

I use lasercad v6,39 with my k40 converted laser...it has been conerted to AWC608 controller..

well this morning the computer i had the program on deceided it wanted to have a heart attack (RIP)

my problem is the LASERCAD software was on that computer and now im stuck without it..

Can anyone either give me a link to download the ENGLISH version of lasercad or a alternative software i can use to create and drive my awc608 controller please

i do not mind paying...even for top grade software...but it must drive the awc608 controller

Regards Belin
    (Little Aussie Girl)

Its all ok...Im a little genius...LOL

Its all fixed now and working fine

Thanks guys for your patience

But i would still like to find better controller software...

if you guys know of a great controller software for basic flat engraving please let us know

The price is not a problem for good controller software

Regards Belin

RDCam is your best option. Their website address is http://en.rd-acs.com but their controllers is available from many other websites at cheaper prices. The software will be able to change your raster files into dot graphic images ready for engraving and is extremely easy to use. This is the best controller I have used so far.

Thank you SKY...i just took a look at it and it is not much better than LASERCAD...LOL

seriously though....there has to be a more diverse and much better controller software out somewhere...surely the world of lasers dont solely rely on LASERCAD & RDcam...

im a little naive when it comes to these things...

but all i see is what is needed is software that has a COMM OUT PORT to be able to talk to the Laser

There must be some genius out there just sitting on a ideathat will earn him/her millions

Guess we just have to sit back and wait and until then place our Laser Faith in the Chinese seeing they are the only ones who appear to have mastered the art of Controller Software...

What sort of features would you like in the software?

oh cool...seeing as you asked...LOL

sort of a cross between...lets say PHOTODRAW and LASERCAD...

meaning a one stop software where you can design all the shapes and texts you want and shape them anyway you want and then simply download your design straight to the laser.....as can be done using LASERCAD....

but as you know LASERCAD is very restrictive in design features...

ok...sort its a bit of a Dream Type Software....but you would think that while they where designing LASERCAD they could have broadened it a lot more instead of have to use a third party software like CorelDraw to design then import into Lasercad to engrave it

or even if PhotoDraw or CorelDraw type software had a facility where you could register your machine as a COMM PORT and like you simply hit a PRINT button to print out your design on paper....it would send your design to the Laser for engraving..

am i making any sense here ???????

Unfortunately the only one I know that comes close to what you want is retinaengrave, you just deign what ever you want in what ever software you want and hit the print button and it goes to laser and does it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbird48 View Post
    Unfortunately the only one I know that comes close to what you want is retinaengrave, you just deign what ever you want in what ever software you want and hit the print button and it goes to laser and does it.
    that is exactly my point here

only ONE product that can do everything at one click...

some of you geniuses here should be able to come with a creation and then make a million dollars

Many western made lasers have those functions...but at a price!

The biggest problem is the response time of a DC tube compared to an RF tube, DC tubes are quite simply slower and produce a far lower quality beam.

cheers

Dave

hi belin
    send me a email direckt to [email protected] and I send you the newest lasercad v.6.81 program and OS update.
    greetings
    waltfl

Email sent..

Why are you guys so good to me...LOL

This is exactly what a good forum community is all about

Many Thanks
    BELIN

hi belin
    didn you know that guys are always soooo good

waltfl

Quote Originally Posted by herby08 View Post
    hi belin