Thanks for continuing to post your experiences. I'm sure many new owners will get inspired by seeing your progress.

The 5 digit precision took me a while to track down exactly what it did. It doesn't affect the geometric model. It affects the accuracy of the internal calculated machining pass. This matters when you are doing passes which just remove remaining material. In my case, it thought that the material had been removed, so the next pass didn't try to cut in several places, leaving bumps. Interestingly, I was able to track down one way to visualize what it was doing. In simulation, if you fast simulate a pass, it looks closer to what the internal remaining stock calculations are. If you animate the simulation, it shows what it SHOULD be doing. So the error isn't in the actually outputted g-code, it's in how much stock it thinks is remaining, which is uses as a basis for calculating subsequent passes. That was my "fun" last week. And when you are doing things with a 0.03" end mill, that extra material is darn important.

Thread milling sounds fun, but I haven't had the need to try it yet. I'm looking forward to hearing your experiences!