586,145 active members*
3,859 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question BF-20 Vario mill

ok i was asking about info on the xji9510 mill from penn tool i see its just like the BF-20 Vario mill from germany i called penn tool they said the one they sell is made in china(copy) so does anyone sell the BF-20 Vario mill in the usa?i have had my fill of chinese machines more work and money to get good working machine thanks all at cnczone

I don,t think so I too have searched and ended up with no answer. That BF20 is a sweet mini bench mill especially with the longer table. Good luck keep us posted if you find a source.

Have you tried contacting Optimum in Germany?

regards
    Phil

Quote Originally Posted by heilcnc
    ok i was asking about info on the xji9510 mill from penn tool i see its just like the BF-20 Vario mill from germany i called penn tool they said the one they sell is made in china(copy) so does anyone sell the BF-20 Vario mill in the usa?i have had my fill of chinese machines more work and money to get good working machine thanks all at cnczone

Yes I did, some guy named Wolfgang answered back but did not give me any useful info and has not returned my emails since..

Hey Zip,

I purchased a BF-16 from this company in Germany http://www.top-maschinen.de Their price was actually cheaper than that of Quantum and they also have this one sales person that talks very good english and was a pleasure to deal with. I arranged for my own shipping through my employers shipping service and you will have to do the same as they will not ship it internationally outside of Europe.

Sebastian

Interesting point:
    If you follow tt raptor 90 's link above, and you click the "maschinen" link from the left side of the home page, you get a nice picture of the Optimum factory in China!!

Ken
    KDN Tool

Hey raptor just to let ya know the one Penn tool sells is the bf-16 no difference at all. Let me ask you this is there a fine feed for the z axis? as I cannot see one on it anywhere.

Hey Zip,

That is where you are mistaken. They are not the same. They have the same bodies but there are differences, one of the biggest being the power of the motor. In all honesty though, if i had known about Penn Tool I would have reconsidered my purchase, but I am 100% happy and do not regret my purchase. I am going to start the CNC conversion very shortly as I am ordering the belts, and timing wheels and accessories presently.

The z-axis does have a fine pitch thread on it.

Thanks

Sebastian

Question gears

does it have plastic gears like the x2? can you tell me anything else about the spindle drive thanks

the actual difference betweeen the bf16 and 20 is about 50kilo's and some inches
    travel

i meself got a bf-20 from www.buitelaar.nl and like some guys mentioned already its a nice machine only ballscrews are advisable b4 cncing like almost 0.1mm backlash in Z
    no prob for manual though nice machine for the small jobs
    they got a topic goin in benchtopmills one guy has been able too crank his spindle up too 8000rpm on stockbearings i personally think the DRO microfeed on Z is a PITA

It looks like at least one of the spindle gears is plastic. They are a much finer pitch than the Sieg ones.

Ken
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails xj_9510_spin_gears1.jpg  

Wow look at the casting on that head , way better looking than the x2, I knew that mill was a good looking machine, its built to those tight euro specs...

out of stock

yes nice but penn tool is out of them for 4 months im trying to find someone else that has the same mill in the usa penn tool sells them as the xj-9510 but i can't read the name on the picture in there web site to see the company that makes it for them in china to search the web anyone know the name on the penn tool mill?

Check out Iron digits link above , can,t read what the site says but man they got some good lookin machines over there, check out the Golomatic, those look neat...

For Golomatic in English try these two sites. Even prices on the emcomachinetools site. Ooops.

http://www.emcomachinetools.co.uk/Go...maticindex.htm

http://www.golmatic.de/GOLmatic_EN/m...en/md23_en.htm

Regards
    Phil

Quote Originally Posted by ZipSnipe
    Check out Iron digits link above , can,t read what the site says but man they got some good lookin machines over there, check out the Golomatic, those look neat...

Thats it , that Golmatic mill is BAD ASS, I would definetly buy one of those if they were here in the states....

A bit more XJ-9510 eye candy. Notice the thickness at the base of the column and the amount of Z axis dovetail engagement. Also note the tapered gib on the Y axis pic as well as the scraping.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails column.JPG   column_end.jpg   base.jpg   y_gib1.jpg  

z_top1.jpg   xj9510_X2_1a.jpg  

So you guys like it.

The pics you show are of the smaller BF16!

BF20 is even beefier.

I have mine practically disassemled. If you want to see it's guts, just say the word.

Erik Jan

p.s.: check http://www.dirt-page.de/metall/cnc/umbau1.htm :cheers:
    What goes down, should come up.

yeah KDN, thats a good lookin mill, and Ejkoese the BF 20 rocks!! those just sweet machines, way better than Seig machines in my opinion.