586,983 active members*
4,298 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Rong Fu reverse conversion

Good evening,

I recently picked up an RF45 that was an aborted CNC conversion project. Unfortunately a few of the parts were lost. I found this site while googling for parts. the machine is in great shape, never got turned on actually. although it's been sitting for about 3 years gathering dust - it's in wonderful shape

Just wondering if anyone who has completed a conversion would be willing to sell me some of the parts i need? I prefer the machine to be manually operated right now, i don't have the resources to complete the conversion.

I'm missing the entire course feed setup for the vertical movement of the spindle. the fine feed crack is there.

i also need the the x and y handwheels.

may be a few other things in the future - but right now those are the major showstoppers. hope it's alright to post this request here,

thanks!

Maybe start with where you are located.....

I recently sold some of these items, others on the forum will have them, but it is a global forum.

good point! i'm in michigan, about 45 min. north of detroit

Hi
    Got most of what you need but I am in South Africa

Deon
    If A is a success in life, then A equals X plus Y plus Z.
    Work is X, Y is play and Z is keeping your mouth shut.

Something to keep in mind: Just because two machines LOOK the same, does not mean parts are inter-changeable. These machines are all made by multiple factories, and each makes design changes independently. Also, many parts are hand-drilled for many non-critical (and even some critical) holes and fasteners, so even if the parts started out from the same castings, they are still not inter-changeable on the machines.

Regards,
    Ray L.

I know what the title of your post says, but I'm double checking because people always say they have a RongFu or RF series and most are talking about owning a clone.
    Is this an actual RongFu or a clone?

Richard

Also, maybe a picture of your machine and sections that you need. The RF45 has a fine feed that consist of a pinion shaft, a spring housing on the left side, then the gear section on the right side with your adjustment knob. It also has a quill lock on the front of the machine. Handles for the X, Y are easy. What about the Z Axis, it normally has a hand crank on the middle, left side of the column with a pinion shaft, then there is a large rack section mounted inside the column.

Richard