586,075 active members*
3,994 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Need help with 130 watt chinese laser

Hi,

Bought a 4 x 8 ft 130 watt Chinese laser with Lasercut 5.3 from Janan J-cut at the beginning of this year. The machine has not worked from day one and tech support was a complete joke (I will never buy from them again). After many hours of tech support, I concluded they were worthless and could not solve any of the issues and offered no compensation for all of the lost time and money spent on trying to solve the various problems they created.

Finally after 9 months we got the machine to fire without their help and it cut fairly nice... for 20 minutes... then the cutting light went from orange to white over the next 10 minutes and the cuts got progressively worse until it did not cut any longer.

The Lasercut software had some functions that did not work correct such as the stop button at the same time the laser was diminishing in power. When you click on the stop button it would actually start the laser cutting even though it had no capacity to do so, so I had to hit the manual stop button on the key pad.

I am at a loss as to what happened so quickly as nothing was readjusted during this 30 minute period. If any one has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    John
    UPD

I would check to be certain all your electrical connections are tight. Also, get a volt meter on the power supply and see what voltage reading you are getting.

Quote Originally Posted by lrob View Post
    I would check to be certain all your electrical connections are tight. Also, get a volt meter on the power supply and see what voltage reading you are getting.

ERRR not on the HV supply I hope.... Unless you have meters that will take 50kV DC it's going to be a very short trip.

cheers

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by lrob View Post
    Also, get a volt meter on the power supply and see what voltage reading you are getting.
    :-D
    CNC lasers, constructions, service