586,477 active members*
3,771 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc 6mb G54 problem...

Hello again,
    This time i am haveing a problem with a mazak machine center with a funuc 6MB controler on it...The problem is that when i try to program useing the work positioning system ( G54) it dosen't do it ..What i was wondering is if there is a parameter that i need to set to turn this on? and if there is dose anybody know which one??? Or if there is somewhere where i can get a list of parameters...
    Thank you for taking the time to look....cheers... :cheers:

Usually Fanuc default is set at G54. Please explain what the machine is doing.

kangarabbit

check your private messages.

Bob

The best way to explain this is it dose every thing it is supposed to except the G54 command...It ignors the G54 compleatly as if it was not turned on...

sounds like a program issue , like whats been peviously posted g54 is the default ,do you have a g90 call in the program?

Look at the offset screen to insure that the common offest and G54 are at "zero"... or any value that you need to run the part.

Thanks guys..I think i have cracked it. I had it going in MDI so will have a go at applying it to a program today (9/5/06) fingers crossed...