I have a Shizuoka B-3V bed mill, and the factory was very helpful in getting it running again, but I am having some issues with toolchange and suspect it has to do with the 9000 macros. Their response to what they might have set the code to was, somewhat humorously:

This machine was a quite old thing, and the human being who knew those days decreased.
So now I need to figure out what hoops I need to jump through to find out what they set the 9000-9899 protect code to.

Alternatively, maybe if there is a "human being who knew those days" I can get my original problem solved.

I have the Fanuc factory manuals (Maintenance, Parameter and Operator) and Shizuoka was kind enough to send me a scanned copy of the manufacturer's manual.

I have a single-arm 20 tool carousel tool changer. Everything works both manually and automatically, except I can't seem to get it know what "Tool 1" is. The factory manual (in rather cryptic "engrish") states that there is a "ADDRESS MEMORY" switch which is used to set the first tool.

My ATC control panel is missing this button

Right now, if I issue a T01 M06, instead of grabbing tool 1, it will grab the next tool in the carousel (regardless of what tool I'm currently at). (Interestingly enough, if I say T02, it grabs a tool 2 tools over, T03 skips a couple and grabs the 3rd)

The factory manual states: (And you'll have to bear with the interesting wording)

8) Address Memory Switch
This switch is used to input tool pot number to computer memory.
By pushing this switch ATC magazine is turned to CW side till reaching
its Home Position (Tool pot number NO,1).
If Magazine was located at Home position, by pushing this switch
computer was setted pod address immediately.
The lamp in Address memory Switch was lighted up, when all address
memory operation was finish and computer was automatically setted first
tool to the spindle is NO,1 tool.
Please make sure this operation is indispensable before Cycle Start.
Any advise on either of the two fronts would be priceless and greatly appreciated