586,463 active members*
3,448 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Lathes > Haas communication (Haas ST20)

Haas communication (Haas ST20)

We just bought two new ST20 Lathes, and we can not get them to communicate with CIMCO for the life of us. I set these up to our server just like our other 10 Haas Mills, and it will not communicate automatically. I can send programs and it will receive just fine, but there is never a confirmation at the machine. I can send programs from the server and receive them at the control with no issues, but when ever I try to use remote request it will not recognize the remote request. We use "8888" for a remote request and CIMCO is not recognizing it as a remote request. I searched and could not find anything, so I was hoping somebody in here would be able to help.

Nick

The Haas tech came back today, and we actually found out that the new st20 lathes have a communication error in the software. It turned out I was doing everything properly through CIMCO.

Quote Originally Posted by Pottro563 View Post
    The Haas tech came back today, and we actually found out that the new st20 lathes have a communication error in the software. It turned out I was doing everything properly through CIMCO.
    Glad you got it figured out.

I presume you got new software loaded in your machine. If so, what version did you get?

Quote Originally Posted by haastec View Post
    Glad you got it figured out.

I presume you got new software loaded in your machine. If so, what version did you get?
    We did not actually get the software update yet. We were told it would be between 2-4 weeks before we get it. We were having some other minor issues with the dial not reading in the edit mode too. Our Haas Techs are great guys and they took care of the case numbers and working on a resolution right away. We arent quite ready to start making chips yet, so the delay is not major.