586,307 active members*
3,432 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Uncategorised CAM Discussion > Verification software? Is it worh it?

Verification software? Is it worh it?

Anyone have experience of using verification software?
    It seems very expensive. I guess it pays for itself if you can hand a long complicated program to an operator to run in confidence it will be fine freeing you up to continue programing instead of proving the program.
    Does it actually work like this in practice? How good is it in reality? What is the best verification software for a large 5 axis?
    Any help on this would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by headscraper View Post
    Anyone have experience of using verification software?
    Yep.
    It seems very expensive.
    Compared to?I guess it pays for itself if you can hand a long complicated program to an operator to run in confidence it will be fine freeing you up to continue programing instead of proving the program.Exactley. also compare the price of the verification software to the cost of downtime, proove out.
    Does it actually work like this in practice? it can do, depends on the operator / setupHow good is it in reality? it's only as good as the person using itWhat is the best verification software for a large 5 axis? there are a few Vericut is one and a newer one Eureka from Roboris, I prefer Eureka it has some nice features and seems a little more user friendly than vericut.
    Any help on this would be appreciated.
    I've worked in various shops.... some that use verification some that hadnt even heard of it!

With verification: setup machine, add material, press green button wait for component.
    without verification: setup machine, add material, turn rapid feed pot to 0, turn feed pot down to 0, go through program one line at a time untill the component is proven.

so for a 1 hour machine time, it could take 1 hour with verification, or 3-4 hours without....

It soon pays for it's self.

Hi jame5m28. Thanks for reply.
    I was comparing the price to CAM software. It is four time more expensive than AlphaCAM Ultimate and three times more expensive than Powermill and from what I can see has a lot less to it. I guess because it is more niche it costs more and also it can be justified on the basis it could pay for itself.
    I like the look of Eureka I hadn't found that one yet! and they are partnered with Alphacam! Which is what we mainly use. Vericut have absolutely no interest in suplying their software to a large 5axis CNC router as they have never replied to my emails. I guess they mainly deal with milling and turning machines and have no interest in me. What about EMS?

On this (Mastercam Mill ) Mastercam page they say their software does verification. Is that right?? As far as I know there is no CAM software that also has verification.