586,957 active members*
2,906 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Hi All

I am an experienced CNC programmer proficient with MasterCam, Surfcam and have used others, I was an outcast from Crankys little forum. For wanting to share building ideas that used the rollerblade and black pipe desiigns he took this as a threat and promptly banned me just before he went private. I must give him the credit for motivating me to finish a machine. I had lost interest in. I spend a good bit of time here just watching the newbies evolve. The group has done a graet job motivating people keep up the good work. BTW Have a look at my website to see some of my work although needs to be updated
    www.freewebs.com/raysplace

Peace :-)
    Ray
    Learn from the mistakes of others you can't afford to make them all yourself!

secrets galore

Machinist by trade and choice ! I believe a CNC is a CNC if it can be controlled anyone can control it I mean it ain't rocket science. I enjoy electronics, family, sharing, and don't forget programming no matter the language. I hope to learn from you all and teach you too.
    TY Coder4Life

Hi there everyone finder50 here. I am new to cnc routers but not new to life.Been around just over 60 years. I am looking to learn something new in my life.

Hello from LA!

Hello everyone, I'm a resident of LA but currently in Jamaica for work reasons. Who can suggest the best metal abrasives as I'm working on a shop signage.

Hi everybody, been in the precison machining/welding/sheet metal industry for 30+ years looking to get some additional work from the internet. We are located just a little south of Phoenix, AZ. We have a couple large industrial cnc vertical knee mills 3 and 4 axis. We also have 4 engine lathes ranging from medium size lathes to a large 25 foot engine lathe. We do high precision niche TIG"arc welding" in a variety of materials in the automotive and sanitary tubing industries just to name a few, also do wire feed welding and stick weld. We also do tube/pipe bending, sheet metal fabrication, we have a 150 ton press and sheer to match. That is just some of our equipment to name. We do anything from prototype, production manufacturing, repair/modify just to name a few. Any one looking to have something fabricated or repaired your looking at the right company to do the job and do it right at a competitive price let us know.

Jay at Universal Precision Machining

Re: Welcome thread-tell us about you.

Hi,
    i am a newby to these sites and things and hoping to become proficient in the industry of education. i am a newby to CNC, bought a Heiz S720T and used Mach3 a couple of years ago. i now would like to combine this as i have a good selection of .dxf files.

Hi,

I am Benjamin, completelly amator in the wood working but I have received a new router and I would like to adapt it as a cnc based on an arduino or raspberry.

Benjamin

Hello all,

My name is Steve and I am a looking at building a few hobby CNC machines. Thank you for everybody posting their build threads/pictures/advice to allow people like myself to benefit from your experience and knowledge.

Steve

hi boxwood .....
    please can you help me ......
    I've recently purchased a laser engraving machine. The machine uses a Leetro MPC6515 controller . I'm trying to build my own software to control the laser but I've hit a dead end...do you know any information about its control card MPC6515 and how can I control it

Quick hello, I'm currently working as a corporate pilot, but will be retiring soon. I've recently added a small CNC router, a 3d printer and a K40 laser to my maker shop. Looking forward to finding more CNC-related projects and ideas in the upcoming months.

Karl