586,955 active members*
2,826 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 237 of 422 137187227235236237238239247287337
Results 4,721 to 4,740 of 8430

Re: Welcome thread-tell us about you.

Hi. My name is Ana. I found this place today while looking for some g-code to make a one-off Christmas/etc ornament.

Background. I am a member of a makerspace in Reno NV, Bridgewire, that has a number of CNC machines, including a Koike-Aronson plasma cutter table. I'm a programmer and math student and was interested in cutting mathematically-oriented shapes an similar things, and we didn't have any good software here, so I made some a software library that makes it relatively easy to code and generate 2D g-code or svg graphics, especially for mathematically oriented objects. I'm still improving it, making it easier to use, etc. Examples:

Hexagon Grid Generator
    M.C.Escher Lizards Tessellation Generator

These produce gcode that works pretty well with our plasma table. (i.e. it's pretty good at avoiding trying to cut where a hole already exists.)

I have a lot to learn, as always, and enjoy what I'm doing so far. Perhaps membership here will be good for me.

Regards

I am in the cnc field for sometime & would like share ideas of cnc machines.

Hi Dear
    This is majid
    I have more than 15 years of experiences in CNC ,Laser ,3D printers ,Rapid prototyping system , Wire cut & Cmm installation ,start up, maintenance, troubleshooting & repair .
    I have trained in Germany ,Spain ,Swiss & China and have certificates of those companies.
    I will be glad to be able to help you .
    Best Regards
    Majid

Hi.
    My name is Alan Garfunkel and want to make my phlatprinter work just as it should.
    I am a newbe in this CNC world so I am here to learn more than to teach, hope someday I can help somebody.

Hi all I am Krishnakumar I want know about cnc machine axis movement logic s

Hi, My name is Khoi and I want to learn about CNC from you guys

Greetings.
    I'm researching machines and setting up shop to make small parts. I've found helpful info on CNC Zone so decided to sign up.
    Having worked as a machinist and then being away from it for 30 years, I'm looking forward to making chips again.
    Cheers!

Hello and welcome

Bilding my cnc machine and hope cnczone will give me some insight into completing this project.

Hello. Simply, I am hoping to learn from you peops. I have used some LASER engravers/cutters and have more experience with 3D printers. I'm in the market to buy a Chinese Laser Engraver/Cutter. Also, I'd like to attempt to build a desktop CNC in the near future.

Joe

Looking to gain some insight on cnc plasma systems. I've been working with a torchmate3 10'x40' w/ hypertherm pmax 125 for the passed 3 years. And I figured picking the minds of CNCZone members won't hurt whenever i stumble into a problem with my set up.

Well in order to save money on fabricating routed signs, we have purchase a cnc router parts 4896 kit with nema 23 electronics kit and will be looking for tips and work arounds

Hello from Glendale AZ.
    I'm new here and will need lots of help.

Thinking about building a CNC plasma/router table. Not sure what is the best way to go ? Ebay or other's ?
    Table size will be 4' x 8' or ? maybe longer. Input ?

The router is just something to be played with. I figured that why not ? Also figured the table would need bigger motors for it ?

Steel / Alum size will be from 24ga. to maybe 1/2" ? My plasma is good for 5/8" down.

So let the info fly ! And thanks in advance ! Guides to builds would be a big help.
    Randy

thaks you Mr

Welcome, Randy! Well, there probably won't be too much real info in reply here, but look at the DIY sub-forum and start digging around there...

I'm about 1/2 way to doing one myself...

Quote Originally Posted by B85 View Post
    Hello from Glendale AZ.
    I'm new here and will need lots of help.

Thinking about building a CNC plasma/router table. Not sure what is the best way to go ? Ebay or other's ?
    Table size will be 4' x 8' or ? maybe longer. Input ?

The router is just something to be played with. I figured that why not ? Also figured the table would need bigger motors for it ?

Steel / Alum size will be from 24ga. to maybe 1/2" ? My plasma is good for 5/8" down.

So let the info fly ! And thanks in advance ! Guides to builds would be a big help.
    Randy

Hello All from Finland!
    Purchased a CNC router and a Laser engraver so decided to finally join up!

Hi All,

Just picked up a laser engraver machine and plan on an X-Y bed for my plasma cutter and a router table. Found alot of cool things here that will help so I'm on board.
    Hope to be able to share what I learn as well as learn from what you share.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Yraen View Post
    One thing that many of the newly registered users might be doing is considering which brand (or DIY) of machine to go with. This forum was a big help for me in deciding which brand to go with. I've only posted one other time than this but I'm still waiting on my machine. I'm sure there will be plenty of "Help! I'm stuck once again" posts from me once it actually arrives.
    So what did you go with?

Hi all.

I have a little cnc knowledge from a 3d printer, but am looking into a cnc Sherline lathe and mill now.

I look forward to learning a lot from everyone.

Hello. We have a Chinese 3 axis router and will be looking for advice regarding cutters and spindle speeds/feed rates. Maybe a bit of software design advice. Cheers.

Page 237 of 422 137187227235236237238239247287337