586,647 active members*
2,179 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Deciphering wires for Fanuc 3m servo amp.

Deciphering wires for Fanuc 3m servo amp.

Hi all, I'm trying to upgrade a 3mc to galil, I have power to the amplifier card (a20b-1000-0220) with the led's Prdy and Vccrdy ON. But I cant get the card to output to the motor.Can anyone decipher these abbreviations from my wiring diagram and tell me what Im missing?Attachment 204518 I've closed the enbl circuit, and sent voltage to vcmd, but no movement. help

you have to close prdy circuit

Quote Originally Posted by guhl View Post
    you have to close prdy circuit
    guhl,
    Weve tried twisting the YPrdy paired wires together, but still no power out of the board to the servo. Is there another trick?
    BKB

have you supplied 100V to terminals 100A, 100B on power connector?

Yes, High voltage side is powered and untouched from a running system, thanks . Anyone else have vintage (1984) fanuc info ???

So, have you managed to fix your problem or not?

Noooo...
    The lack of output on the amplifier card is still present. No red LEDS, just two green LEDs on. IF we throw the emergency stop, the redlight associated with it does light. Guhl, do you have any other ideas?
    Thank You

what about tacho signals TSA, TSB? does motor have tachogenerator? what does it mean "galil"? cnc system?

what about tacho signals TSA, TSB? does motor have tachogenerator? what does it mean "galil"? cnc system?
    Guhl
    Weve got the encoder working and can see the steps as you manually rotate the original servo motor on the new touch screen interface. Galil is the manufacturer of the new "brains" for this mill replacing the old Fanuc MCU. We are trying to interface with the Fanuc servo amplifiers to avoid replacing them with Galil boards. So far it looks like they are powered up and talking, but not outputting anything.

thr matter is usually this type of servos don't use tacho on motor's shaft. instead of that, CNC simulates tacho, converting frequency of impulses from motor's encoder to analog +/- 10V. this signal is TSA, TSB

thr matter is usually this type of servos don't use tacho on motor's shaft. instead of that, CNC simulates tacho, converting frequency of impulses from motor's encoder to analog +/- 10V. this signal is TSA, TSB
    Guhl,
    Now we are confused. What should be going on with these wires. Currently the TSB line is measuring the same as the VCMD. Twisting together the TSA TSB Doesn't make things work.
    Thank you for trying to help us out!

Guhl is correct. If you are reading the encoder signals at your new control, then 9 chances out of 10 your motor does NOT have a tach installed. The Fanuc drives receive the tach signal from the main control which generates the signal based on the encoder feedback. I kinda remember this as a discussion some where, maybe the Fanuc forum, maybe elsewhere. There is at least one tach signal generator for Fanuc motors being made, but I do not remember any details. A search of the forums should reveal some answers. I attached a copy of the servo block diagram from a FS10/FS11. I know it is not EXACTLY what you are dealing with, but is very similiar. Sorry I could not be of more help, there are many others here way more informed about this technical stuff then I. Good luck...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 10-11 Servo.pdf  

Yes, my motors do not have tach's. They have 2000 count encoders. I think the problem is I'm trying to install a "current/torque" system on drives that used "velocity/loop" system Like the drawing for the FS10/FS11..

yes
    if this drive is digital (uses CPU or something like that) you may implement velocitiy control by means of LM2907/LM2917
    if it is analog (on operational amplifires) it's possible to give the reference to current control link
    I look at my manuals and tell you

I think it is analogue, but all OPs are in hybrid modules, therefore it's a hard to force it to operate in torque mode
    use F/V converter