586,748 active members*
7,168 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Haas TM-1P and vice size?? plus may 5c ?

Question Haas TM-1P and vice size?? plus may 5c ?

We want a Haas TM-1P enclosed with 10 station tools and 6K spindle.

Can you use a standard 6 Inch vice on these? (Kurt D688). I was doing calculations from machine diagram and it looks close to crash at Machine "Y" zero.

also want to know if anyone is running the 5C Haas rotary on these TM1P?
    Eddie D
    Pokeyboy Machine

Handle Shaft Clearance Issue Kurt D688 Vise Installation on HAAS TM-1P

Hi,

Here is some information that may be helpful.

Check posts # 8 & #11 on this thread for some pictures of 3 D688 Vises installed on my 2007 Haas TM-1P along with a Renishaw Wireless Tool Setter. I had to cut some material off the HEX of the D688 Vises to clear the front door on my 2007 HAAS TM-1P. If you decide to install and cut off some material off the end of the hex be sure to test the clearance in the X and Y via slow movement of the hand jog wheel as the vise handle extensions pass by the closure doors over the entire range of the X axis with the Y axis in the full forward postion, In lieu of the cast vise wrenches I elected to use some modified box wrenches with "O" Rings to retain them during operation. This may be something you want to consider. I leave the wrenches on all the time with the handles positioned in the downward postion and keep a close eye the make sure the "O" Rings don't get knocked off. If one of the wrenches get caught in the chip auger it can get costly.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/haas_m...tml#post543660

I realize you are talking about installing a 5C indexer. If you have a Renishaw Wireless Tool Setter and are utilizing a 5C indexer you will probably have to move to Renishaw Wireless Tool Setter to the left hand side of the table. Also, depending on the length of parts machined on the 5C indexer will determine how many if any vises you can have mounted on your table.

Feel free to send me a PM if you will like to discuss further.

John
    2007 HAAS TM-1P OneCNC XR5 Mill Pro. Shopbot PRT running Mach3 2010 Screen Set, Super PID and PMDX Electronics.Check out my Gallery on: http://[email protected]