Hey guys,

This is my first post here so let me know if this is not the proper place for a question like this.

I am new to CAD and drew up several different knife designs to be cut by a waterjet. I use Autodesk Inventor Fusion. I finished all my drawings and emailed them to the waterjet as DWG files. When they opened them none of the drawings rendered properly. The skeletonizing holes are jagged and many of the curves are rough + the scale is off on some of the drawings. The waterjet is using Mastercam.

I tried opening the CAD files in draftsight to see how they rendered and they suffered from the same conversion issues. I also had one design that I had an Architect friend draw in CAD for me. He used Rhinoceros and that drawing also came out funky when the waterjet guys opened it. The holes were rendered as ovals and some of the curves were off.

Does anyone with know whats going on? It seems like the use of splines could be a big problem. How can I fix the drawings so that they will render properly?

Thanks in advance. I'm not the most tech savvy guy out there and I can't figure out why the drawings don't convert properly.