586,375 active members*
3,537 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Haas TL-2 Coolant ?

I have a Haas TL-2 with standard options, I want too hook up a basic coolant system for cutting aluminum. Any pictures on how you routed your coolant hoses or what the optional coolant system looks like and how the hoses are run. Can I plug this coolant pump into the control and have it turn on and off via control without paying for the option. I don't use coolant to much so I did not want to buy the upgrade because I can put a basic system on for 1/2 the price. This machine is nice and real easy to use. Can I turn the spindle on from the manual jog page without going into mdi and inputing a spindle speed. Thanks for any info.

The hose routing on the coolant pump option is a bit hokey; the pump and tank is at the end of the chute down the center of the bed and the hose just runs up the chute to a little bracket on the cross slide.

Your control probably does not have the twist lock socket installed and even if it did after-market pumps are 120V AC and the supply from the control is 230V AC so you probably cannot plug into the control.

You could rig up a system using a relay and one of the user M functions in the control to switch on an after-market pump but probably your control does not have the DIN socket that your relay would connect to for using the M function. Getting this installed would and getting the control relay system made would bring your total cost above what the coolant option costs.

Regarding starting the spindle in Jog when you push spindle forward it picks up on the last set spindle speed so until you have run a program or set a speed in mdi you don't have a last speed for it to use. You also need to be holding down the safety button.

Just bite the bullet and get the coolant kit from haas. I have a tl-1 and the coolant kit. They include the outlet in the cabinet and any wiring you need, hose, locline valve and nozzle, brackets, fittings, hoseclamps. The coolant tank is also a chip pan. It has everything you need. If you waist a bunch of time trying to setup something that doesn't work as good, did you really save any money?