586,075 active members*
4,167 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > CNC Machine Related Electronics > I need help in this electronic component

I need help in this electronic component

Hello Guys Attachment 202134.
    Anyone have any idea what it is - code, number, capacity as accurate as buying a suspect that this burned.
    The case is that I have a Roland EGX-20 and softer commanded via the z axis lowered much more than the limit of the table and the effort that has been made ​​so that the drill broke.
    After that, I immediately turned off the machine and usually when it connects again it automatically goes to zero.
    Start by climbing the Z axis to a stop after x, then y, when this all in their positions for the machine and will repogramada.
    Occurs after the incident that the z axis is not stopped where he was and continued to rise up to the physical limit of the tabs and the engine continued to run until the gears jump - quickly turned off the machine.
    By examining noticed this small board with one component only - that gets trapped in the z axis 2 white wires that were broken. Manually downloaded and ran the screw axis z, then removed this board and soldered electrical wires - reinstalled it again but the problem persists. Now I want to replace this piece electric but has no identification on it, not numbers, names, manufacturers anything - everything is erased.
    I think it's a motion sensor because it has 3 more plates of these one installed near the z-axis guide another Y axis, but I have no idea what it is.

It appears to me a magnet operated reed switch?
    If so you can get this in a slightly different package made by Hamlin.
    You can also buy the bare glass type from DigiKey, but you would need to pot them in Bondo or body filler to protect them.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man View Post
    It appears to me a magnet operated reed switch?
    If so you can get this in a slightly different package made by Hamlin.
    You can also buy the bare glass type from DigiKey, but you would need to pot them in Bondo or body filler to protect them.
    Al.
    Thanks you salved my Life.

Was realy a magnet operated reed switch.
    It happens that when I removed the plate and soldered again mounted inverted and stayed away from the fridge that has on the way. When you said it was a magnet and magnetic sought soon realized the error committed in reassembly. So I got a magnet and turned on the machine - when the z axis start to climb approached ima and shazam ... it stopped - meaning that nothing was damaged. Now I will reassemble everything correctly and have fun with my new old Roland EGX-20

Glad to have helped.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.