587,168 active members*
3,208 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Mastercam hasp not found in Cimco Edit

Mastercam hasp not found in Cimco Edit

I have an error that is driving me bat-**** crazy and my reseller has been no help.

We are running MasterCam X6 and use the included Cimco Edit to send tape.

At seemingly random intervals, users will get a "Hasp not found" error when they launch Cimco Edit. Mastercam will work fine, but Cimco doesn't. It is localized to the logged in user. A different user can sit down and it will work fine. Eventually it will break for them too, but it isn't a broken for one, broken for all. It is happening on at least 3 different machines. The users run as standard users in Windows 7 Ent, so the only thing they can effect is their own user profile. The only fix we have is to reboot the machine, back up the user's data, delete the user profile and log in to create a fresh user profile. This fixes the problem for a few weeks for that user.

I've spent hours on the phone with Shop Ware and haven't come up with a cause or fix (short of nuke from orbit)

First off, I would advise going to emastercam and asking there. Those guys are brilliant.

Second, I guess more info may be needed - you have 3 seats and they are all doing this or you take the dongle and pass it around...?

Third...I'd call CNCSoftware and report it to them directly and say your VAR is useless.
    Tim