586,884 active members*
4,580 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Servo motor, step/dir driver and Mach.

Firstly I'd like to say thanks to Al the Man for all his help, I couldn't of wired the motor and encoder without him.
    I'm currently using a CNC TekniX T20 driver (was using a RuteX, but something pooped itself so I sent it back). I must say that Pete from CNC TeckniX is fantastic to deal with, I'd highly recommend them.

Anyhoo's the motor itself is moving in both directions woohoo!!!
    I had a small try at tuning the "P pot" until the motor was jerky then I backed it off a bit, I then adjusted the "D Pot" using the same method then the "I pot".
    As I said the motor moves in both directions, it's just very slow, so in theory I haven't got it set correctly.
    So I suppose I'm mostly asking as to what I should have in the mach 3 motor tuning page?
    I'm not sure any of the motor setting specs (attached is the label from the motor)
    Do I enter in settings on this page and then tune the motor manually (The dials on the driver) or am I supposed to tune it manually then change it in the software?
    Also the driver seems to be getting damn HOT, the aluminium on the back is so hot you can't touch it, so naturally I turned it off! (166v motor)
    So is that enough questions for now?
    I'm sure I'll have more................stay tuned (hah, tuned,get it?)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Motor Tuning Page.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files