586,133 active members*
3,821 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Trouble tuning drive

I recently purchased two 200V, 40A Rutex servo drives. I am in the process of tuning the first one with my motor. I have a 500 line single ended encoder running in quadrature, and a 1/3 hp reliance electric motor (E675) rated for 100V running at 50V for tuning. I found a setting that looks good for very small step responses (650 Kp, 75 Kd, 2 Kdindex, 10 Ki, 50 steps). It also seems to work well for very slow rectangular or trapezoidal moves using the test sotware. However, I cannot seem to get it to run successfully for more than 50 steps for a step response, or for faster speeds on the rectangular or trapezoidal moves using the test software. Is there some kind of counter that is overflowing, or is my setting just unstable? Even at a conservative setting (no Ki, no Kd, low Kp) I cannot get a combination that will no run continuously at step responses greater than 100 steps or so. Anyone have any thoughts? Could the 50V (vs 100) be causing my problem?

-Brian

Brian's tuning issues

Brian,

Please call me on the phone at 573 368 7399 or email me at [email protected] so we can discuss your setup and resolve this quickly.

Tom Eldredge
    Rutex LLC
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Single ended encoders a problem

Thanks to Tom @ Rutex for the help, I think my problem may be that I am using single-ended encoders. I plan on ordering a set of the R2210 chips to convert my single-ended signal to differential. Hopefully that will solve my problem.