586,375 active members*
3,236 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > cincinnati arrow 1000 acramatic 2100 batteries

cincinnati arrow 1000 acramatic 2100 batteries

does anyone know what kind of batteries this machine takes and how to change them?

Check the old posts here in this forum, there are a few good ideas. I have had luck pulling the board and powering it up as an PC and changing the battery with it powered up.

There were different batteries depending on the boards in your control. Most used a CR2032, but others either had a smaller battery soldered directly onto the board or used a Dallas. You will have to pull your boards to be sure which you have.

Once you have the boards out, it is easy to check the battery voltage to determine if they need to be replaced, but do not pull the batteries to check. Doing so will wipe the BIOS and you will end up with a control that doesn't work when you put the boards back in.

If your batteries are still over 3.2V, I wouldn't worry about it yet. If they are below 3V, it is time to replace them. Anywhere in between you can make a judgment call depending on how critical the machine is to your operation, but I typically replace them so the battery will not need to be replaced again for several years. Just be aware that the RT BIOS will need to be re-flashed if you change the battery. I reflash these all the time, so if it comes to this, send me a PM and I can get you running again.

Regarding ifixcnc's suggestion, I won't tell you not to try it, but making a mistake with these boards can be extremely expensive. They are not readily available anymore, and replacements are typically a couple thousand dollars (but can end up being several thousand dollars from the manufacturer depending on which board you have).

got the batteries replaced but lost all the parameters. sent it out to mag to be reinstalled. got the board back today powered on the machine and still having the same problem. tools mode wont load and the emergency stop wont go away.

Not sure why you were asking about batteries if your real problem was software not loading and not coming out of e-stop. You may want to post a more detailed description of the actual problem to get help that applies to your issue.

However, if your software doesn't load properly, the machine likely will not come out of e-stop because it is missing necessary software to safely power up. The most likely cause for the software not loading is a corrupted hard drive, but there are other issues that could also cause problems with the software loading. Based on what little information you have provided so far, I can't say it is definitely the hard drive, just the most likely place to start.

If you send a history of the issue, I'll try to give you more guidance, but the easiest thing to start with would probably be to have your hard drive looked at by someone familiar with these systems (if you give it to most IT people, they will likely corrupt it beyond reasonable recovery). I have helped several people here with hard drive issues as well, so if you are interested, send me a PM. If you send me your hard drive, I can try to salvage it if it is indeed the problem.

turns out there was some corrupted files in the software. got everything fixed.

Glad I was able to tell you what was wrong. For future reference, it would have been a lot quicker and probably less expensive had you just sent the components to me instead. Also would help to provide the full details in the original post to avoid spending money on unnecessary work in the first place.

Hi, I think I replaced them without powering the unit up , is possible to reflash the bios?? I have a cincinnati milacron Arrow 500 1994Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140811_172712.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	93.3 KB 
ID:	245335Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140811_173352.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	245337

[Quote = Tonikol; 1543709] Hola, creo que los reemplazó sin encender el aparato , es posible volver a actualizar la BIOS ?? Tengo un cincinnati Milacron Flecha 500 1994 [/ quote]Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140811_172712.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	93.3 KB 
ID:	245335Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140811_173352.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	245337

hola tonikol
    yo tengo el mismo problema con la misma máquina e avanzado algo en ello y te puedo ayudar mi correo es [email protected]

hello tonikol
    I have the same problem with the same machine and made some progress on this and I can help my email is [email protected]

Re: cincinnati arrow 1000 acramatic 2100 batteries

Dear Friend
    I am needing, manual connection CINCINNATI MILACRON ACRAMATIC 2100 machining center.
    Can anyone help?
    Thank You

Hi maver1ck, I check this response regarding a failure that avoid th DV5 card faults, in others post you mentioned that this can be caused by a failur in th RT Bios , and needs to be reflash again. Before the DV5 fails we had a message on screen that said the battery voltage is low, so I think this could cause th failure, do you think this cause th DV5 failure?

I don't recommend posting your questions in someone else's thread, but to answer your question: Yes, it is common for the DV5 fault to occur from battery failure. Send me a PM with your WS and RT board part numbers, but you will likely have to send the RT board out to get your machine running again. I fix these for people on CNCZone all the time, so when you PM me, we can make arrangements for you to send the board to me, otherwise the only other places I know of that do this are Siemens and Cincinnati.

tengo el disco para tu maquina arrow 1000 con acramatic [email protected]

este es un ejemplo de la sabre 500

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrLUK7Qe4uI

Friend, I need help.