586,145 active members*
3,684 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Bobcad

Bobcad

Is anyone in Johnson City or Kingsport Tenn. ares using Vs 20?
    Roger

I'm in Boston Ma. just a click away

I am having trouble with tools being understood by control. I have anilam series-m M/L control mastercam runs it just fine, but I cannot get good programs from bobcad. I have other cnc's but this machine has faceplate and 4-jaw chuck as well as collet and 2-3-6 jaw chucks with it, I only use it for parts that are hard or to odd hold. I am tring to run a alum. casting with 8 x 11.75 rectangular grate on chuck end and threaded nipple with locating shoulder on other. The thread is 3.375 8-tpi od. There is approx. .100 per side stock and thread is 2.5 long with .125 neck before going out to 4.250 shoulder .125 wide rest left as cast. The ID is as cast 2.375, last time I made a bull nose center to hold threaded end and left 1 inch ramp on space on center.
    tool 1 was 80 degree diamond
    tool2 was 55 degree diamond
    tool 3 was profile / groove .062 wide insert
    tool 4 60 degree top lock threading
    tools on backside mounted right side up {except threading it runs upside down in holder}

is you issue a post or code after post

make a program in both mastercam and Bobcad Lets see if you need to change post that your using this is something that Bobcad will do at no charge be glad it not with mastercam as they would stick it to you